cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would you dispute something that comes off in 2 months ?

tag
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Would you dispute something that comes off in 2 months ?

A reminder to everyone from the Credit Repair Discussion Guidelines:

The only credit repair discussions allowed in FICO Forums are ones that exchange information on how to correct or remove real errors from your credit report – not accurate information that you want to get rid of because it may be negatively affecting your credit score.

So disputing" just because" is unethical and not to be discussed.

To the OP: This is not directed at you. You said the information was accurate.

Message 11 of 15
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@MarineVietVet wrote:

The only credit repair discussions allowed in FICO Forums are ones that exchange information on how to correct or remove real errors from your credit report – not accurate information that you want to get rid of because it may be negatively affecting your credit score.

Early exclusion has been discussed extensively in this forum, baller4life started a very long thread re experian.  It's not against board policy to do early exclusion.  TU just codes them as disputes.  The rest don't.

Signature needs updating
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah Iv only seen a few hundred post discussing the same exact topic . I never denied its accuracy and I told that to the TU rep . They said they do early removal but it has to go through a dispute . She even said there's an option for this you can pick as the reason for disput .
Message 13 of 15
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@MarineVietVet wrote:

Early exclusion has been discussed extensively in this forum, baller4life started a very long thread re experian.  It's not against board policy to do early exclusion.  TU just codes them as disputes.  The rest don't.

I'm definitely with RobertEG on this subject:

The entire process of disputing for early exclusion is, in my opinion, improper.

I am aware that the CRAs seem to ask for a dispute, but a dispute under the FCRA relates to an assertion of inaccuracy of information.

Early exclusion is a request for earlier administrative action on the part of the CRA, not an assertion of inaccuracy.

Filing a formal dispute places a pending dispute flag in your file, which removes certain items from your scoring until the flag is removed.

The only time I would dispute is if the info is inaccurate.  Sucessful resolution of a dispute results in deletion of the info.

Early credit report exclusion is not actually a deletion of information, it is simply the exclusion of the info from normal credit reports they issue.

In certain situatuations, the excluded info can still be obtained by others.  Deleted info that is found to be inaccurate is gone.

If it's accurate information it shouldn't be disputed. I guess we can agree to disagree whether this is proper or not.  Smiley Indifferent

But it does seem like the powers that be at myFICO are allowing these discussions and who am I to argue???  Smiley Wink

Message 14 of 15
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@MarineVietVet wrote:

I'm definitely with RobertEG on this subject:

The entire process of disputing for early exclusion is, in my opinion, improper.

I am aware that the CRAs seem to ask for a dispute, but a dispute under the FCRA relates to an assertion of inaccuracy of information.

Early exclusion is a request for earlier administrative action on the part of the CRA, not an assertion of inaccuracy.

Filing a formal dispute places a pending dispute flag in your file, which removes certain items from your scoring until the flag is removed.

The only time I would dispute is if the info is inaccurate.  Sucessful resolution of a dispute results in deletion of the info.

Early credit report exclusion is not actually a deletion of information, it is simply the exclusion of the info from normal credit reports they issue.

In certain situatuations, the excluded info can still be obtained by others.  Deleted info that is found to be inaccurate is gone.

If it's accurate information it shouldn't be disputed. I guess we can agree to disagree whether this is proper or not.  Smiley Indifferent

But it does seem like the powers that be at myFICO are allowing these discussions and who am I to argue???  Smiley Wink

That's because you been gone awhile (welcome back).  Things change, and if the CRA's allow it (they sell our collectible info anyways), it's a legal discourse. Smiley Wink

Signature needs updating
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.