Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wow cap1 is the best

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow cap1 is the best

I just log iny secured card account they increase my limit by $300 no I have 500 scores are ex 611 tu 715 eq 561
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wow cap1 is the best

Congrats!  I just received an email that my Plat card is in the mail.  I'm early in my rebuilding stages and have learned A LOT by stalking these here forums.  Keep up the good work and good practices.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I just log iny secured card account they increase my limit by $300 no I have 500 scores are ex 611 tu 715 eq 561

I would suggest addressing whatever is holding you Equifax score down so much. Cap One uses Equifax for scoring (though they triple pull) and if you get that one up close to 600 you should be able to get an unsecured Cap One card. If TU is really 715, apply with Barclays, they pull TU.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes my tu report is clean only thing is on there is my cap1 secured card my car note all in good standing that's why it's 715 eq got a judgement on it and 1 collection
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had the secured, then qualified for the platinum. Kicking myself for not getting the Quicksilver for cash back but the no AF is so sweeeeeeet. 

Congrats on the CLI!!!

Message 5 of 9
MsDarby
Established Member

I am mixed about all of this. I asked for a CLI on my secured Cap1 and they stated that the type of card wasn't eligible. I didn't have to put the full $200 for security. I applied for QS and it took 3 days for an approval. Maybe my credit is more screwed.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can't ask for a CLI on the Secured, they just decide to give it to you. :/   Sucks, I know.

HOWEVER, you got the QS though, right?  That most likely will be Credit Steps Program, a guaranteed CLI after 5 monthly payments on time.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Yes my tu report is clean only thing is on there is my cap1 secured card my car note all in good standing that's why it's 715 eq got a judgement on it and 1 collection

Barclays. Pulls. TU. (hint hint)

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.