Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Write letters or just wait

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Write letters or just wait

I don't have any charge offs on my accounts, just a numch of late ones especially 2-3 years ago. I am in good standing with all of my accounts now but I'm wondering if goodwill letters help for this short time ago or just keep paying and wait the 7 years?

My main ones are a bunch from my chase mortgage, however I have been on time for the last 28 months.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Re: Write letters or just wait

I would write a letter to the CEO and make it personal. Explain what happened during that time in your life and how you've changed things so that you'll be able to pay your bills in the event of hardship in the future.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 2 of 5
kilj0y
Regular Contributor

Might as well write goodwill letters as it can only help. If they say no then you're in not different position than you are now. If they do it, you scores increase.

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't have any charge offs on my accounts, just a numch of late ones especially 2-3 years ago. I am in good standing with all of my accounts now but I'm wondering if goodwill letters help for this short time ago or just keep paying and wait the 7 years?

My main ones are a bunch from my chase mortgage, however I have been on time for the last 28 months.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!!
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Write GW letters.  Send out lots of them.  If you get "NO" replies, send more.  Don't take "NO" for an answer.  You can read about the Saturation Technique at the link below, which I believe is the best way to achieve a favorable result from GW letters.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/The-Saturation-Technique-Best-GW-adjustment-o...

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.