Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Writing a PFD letter

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Writing a PFD letter

Okay, so I have ONE collection on my reports holding my scores down and Id love to pay it off and get it removed.

Trouble is, I am terrible at communicating with people, whether its through chat, email, text, phone call, in person.. Im terrible at it.

Im quite unsure of how to write a PFD letter and looking on the internet isnt really helping me because I dont want to see examples of the letters, i need to know how its best to approach the company through the letter.

So basically, I am asking how is the best way to write the letter.

Obviously I will be asking to remove it from my reports and obviously if they agree I will be paying the collection off.

But how do I ask for this?

And how do I contact the company? Email? Phone? Snail mail?

Email would be preferable honestly but if I have to handwrite a letter I can.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Writing a PFD letter

@Anonymous wrote:

Okay, so I have ONE collection on my reports holding my scores down and Id love to pay it off and get it removed.

Trouble is, I am terrible at communicating with people, whether its through chat, email, text, phone call, in person.. Im terrible at it.

Im quite unsure of how to write a PFD letter and looking on the internet isnt really helping me because I dont want to see examples of the letters, i need to know how its best to approach the company through the letter.

So basically, I am asking how is the best way to write the letter.

Obviously I will be asking to remove it from my reports and obviously if they agree I will be paying the collection off.

But how do I ask for this? Search 'PFD letter' in the search bar on this website. Plenty of example of how to get started between that and using a search engine on the internet.

And how do I contact the company? Email? Phone? Snail mail? Snail mail is best as you have hard copies of what you sent. It's usually easier to come across a mailing address for the important people at a company than their email address.

Email would be preferable honestly but if I have to handwrite a letter I can.

Message 2 of 3
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Writing a PFD letter

I wrote all 11 of mine through email or a phone call. State that you are not admitting guilt, but would like to settle this matter to save everyone time. Offer full and see what they say. Give them a week and email again. If you don't hear after a month start emailing executives. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.