Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Writing first PFD letter

tag
elletrain
Established Member

Writing first PFD letter

So I have some serious baddies on my CR.  I hit a very bumpy patch a few years ago and have 14 accounts that have been charged off. I finally have a decent paying job and want to start paying these back. I'm hoping I can get somewhere with the PFD letters. I just had a couple questions about them...

1. Do I call the creditors first to try and negotiate and then send the letter? Or just send letter first?

2. Does it have to be for the full amount? I can pay all the small amounts off but there are a few large balances, do you think they may clear the tradeline for a lesser amount , like half?

Any advice would be helpful!

Cap 1 $750- Cap 1 $500- Capital One Spark Business $750- Fingerhut $850- Walmart $700- Matrix $400- Victoria's Secret $250, LOFT $250, Express $250
EX-515 ( 1/14)
EQ- 546 (1/14)
TU- 591 ( 1/14)
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
ang123
Established Member

Re: Writing first PFD letter

Do not, under any circumstances call them. They will lie, cheat, steal, harrass you into sending money. They can say "sure, send payment and we will take care of it.." and then it never happens... and once they have your money- its all over Smiley Sad

As for your PFD, first go through a debt validation process, and then PFD. I tend to offer 100%, because A) I owed the money and B) It makes the companies salivate and jump through hoops to  get that amount. 

Im learning this is a lonnnnggg process, but you will be ok. Stick with it, and use the resources here!

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.