Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrongful Judgements

tag
MsTucker09
Regular Contributor

Wrongful Judgements

Hello everyone, I recently received myfico score and there is a judgement as a public record on there.  My husband and I were supposed to go to court to dispute HOA fees.  We entered into a payment agreement with the lawyers office.  SO we settled.  I spoke to a rep from the lawyers office and she states that since we entered into an agreement there should not be a judgement.  Does anyone know how I can fix this situation? I am looking to purchase a car by May 1st so I want to fix this.  ANy input is appreciated.  Thanks

Starting Score: EQ 462 9/30/11
Current Score: TU 577 4/10/12 EQ 607 4/10/12 PLUS 627 4/10/12 Beacon 5.0 621 lender pull 4/13/12
Goal Score: 650

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Wrongful Judgements

File a dispute with your supporting documentation estalishing no judgment.

Ideally, I would file a direct dispute with the party who reported the judgment to the CRA, but chances are you have no idea who that party was.

Thus, you will most likely have to file your dispute through the CRA.  They know who reported it, and are required to forward a copy of your dispute to them for their investigation and verification.  If they dont receive verification, the CRA can exercise its own reinvestigation authority and delete the unverified information.

Message 2 of 7
MsTucker09
Regular Contributor

@RobertEG wrote:

File a dispute with your supporting documentation estalishing no judgment.

Ideally, I would file a direct dispute with the party who reported the judgment to the CRA, but chances are you have no idea who that party was.

Thus, you will most likely have to file your dispute through the CRA.  They know who reported it, and are required to forward a copy of your dispute to them for their investigation and verification.  If they dont receive verification, the CRA can exercise its own reinvestigation authority and delete the unverified information.

I entered into an agreement Thank you I know who the party is because we entered into a payment agreement, so I called the company who we entered into a payment agreement with but the secretary said that they dont report to CRA.  SO should I contact the company again?

Current Score: TU 577 4/10/12 EQ 607 4/10/12 PLUS 627 4/10/12 Beacon 5.0 621 lender pull 4/13/12

Message 3 of 7
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@MsTucker09 wrote:

Hello everyone, I recently received myfico score and there is a judgement as a public record on there.  My husband and I were supposed to go to court to dispute HOA fees.  We entered into a payment agreement with the lawyers office.  SO we settled.  I spoke to a rep from the lawyers office and she states that since we entered into an agreement there should not be a judgement.  Does anyone know how I can fix this situation? I am looking to purchase a car by May 1st so I want to fix this.  ANy input is appreciated.  Thanks

Many times CAs/Attorney will still go forward with a lawsuit and obtain a judgement even if you have negotiated to pay the debt.   They do this because they want the additional leverage to make sure that you pay.   Are you absolutely certain that their lawsuit against you was dropped ~ do you have any paperwork to support this ?

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 4 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

They might additionally file if they are coming up against expiration of SOL.

A hedge against letting the debt become time-barred.

Message 5 of 7
MsTucker09
Regular Contributor

well I could probably find something but I remember getting notices from the court house that some said the case was dismissed and some saying that their was a judgement but the lawyers office told me that as long as I got into a payment arrangement it would be dropped

Message 6 of 7
MsTucker09
Regular Contributor

so I found the notice that I received from the court saying that the case was dismissed.  Would I contact the court system or would I file a dispute directly with cRA??? and how long does that usually take for the dispute to be removed?

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.