Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xcel Energy > BC SERVICES INC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Xcel Energy > BC SERVICES INC

Hello all,

I have used this board quite a bit for my own and hopefull have given back helpful info as well. Now I have turned my attention to my SO.

One of the things that has popped up on her report is this collection from BC Services. It is supposedly from a Xcel Energy account and they have it listed as follows:

Date Opened: 07/2013
Reported Since:08/2013
Date of Status:08/2013
Last Reported: 12/2014
Type:Collection
Terms:1 Months
Monthly Payment:$0
Responsibility:Individual
Credit Limit/Original Amount:$2,839
High Balance:NA
Recent Balance:$2,839
Recent Payment:$0

Now, we have lived in the same spot since 2008 and the utilites have always been in my name. We initiated a online dispute with EX stating the account was not hers, no knowledge, never had any utility services, etc and sent it away. Last night about midnight an e-mail came in stating that the results of the investigation were in. The only thing that was not deleted was this item, which came back "updated" and the update is "Account information disputed by consumer (Meets requirement of the Fair Credit Reporting Act).". That's it.

So, the question is what is the next step? I never had to go very far on my issues as GW letters and disputes were accepted and never challeged, ending in deletions and happy letters.

Is this where you would instigate a DV with BC Services directly? I had her call Xcel and give them her SSN and absolutely nothing comes up. Give them mine, and my account history goes all the way back to my frist service address with them. So I just wonder if one of her family members used her name to establish service or something else like a name mismatch happened.

At any rate, any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

AdCred1

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Xcel Energy > BC SERVICES INC

NO. DVing and disputing are not the correct way to handle it. Instead, go to the police department and report it as Identity Theft. Swear an affidavit that this is not an account that you ever authorized. Send a copy of the affidavit and police report to all of the CRA's with the request that the account be removed under the ID Theft provision of FRCA. No other evidence need be provided other than your sworn statement.

They may place an ID theft alert on her file but that can be removed by her later if needed.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

NO. DVing and disputing are not the correct way to handle it. Instead, go to the police department and report it as Identity Theft. Swear an affidavit that this is not an account that you ever authorized. Send a copy of the affidavit and police report to all of the CRA's with the request that the account be removed under the ID Theft provision of FRCA. No other evidence need be provided other than your sworn statement.

They may place an ID theft alert on her file but that can be removed by her later if needed.

So you think go right for the affidavit, don't even bother to investigate anymore?

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So you think go right for the affidavit, don't even bother to investigate anymore?

Nope. If you KNOW its not your account, all you need to do is swear under oath to that fact. No investigation is needed or required. Thats what the ID Theft provision is there for - the quick removal of items that may be the result of ID Theft.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.