Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

YAAYYY!!! RJM PFD

tag
BIRDWRITER
Regular Contributor

YAAYYY!!! RJM PFD

Just had to share the good news! I had three baddies from 5 year old book club garbage that popped up on my CR a few months back. I didn't really feel that I owed the money (it was automatic shipments that just kept coming even after I refused some and tried to cancel), but I had never disputed and just ignored them until they hit my CR. Smiley Sad

The CA was RJM, and I saw here that someone else had good luck doing a PFD via email. On impulse, I emailed a PFD letter to them today, offering 50% of the balance in exchange for deletion, and they responded in writing within a few hours! They offered until Jan 30th to pay, but I paid immediately with a CC so that I can get the collections deleted asap. Their offer stated clearly that the debt will be considered paid in full, and all CRA reporting will be deleted.

Maybe I'll gain a few points for the New Year! Smiley Happy

Thanks to everyone on this forum for your valuable advice!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: YAAYYY!!! RJM PFD

Congrats Birdwriter!! Way to go!

My DW & I both had simular experiences with RJM... Mine was settled and deleted for 50% and my DW's was settled and deleted for 75%!!

Just so you know...it took little over a month for the TL to be deleted from both of our TU and EX reports.... but they were deleted!!!!

Message 2 of 4
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

You should change your name from birdwriter to pfd letter writer.

Congrats to you!! 

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 3 of 4
farmgirljen
Valued Member

I too had success with RJM- although  I sent them a letter telling them I refused to pay and demanded they stop trying to collect- same thing- book clubs that I never signed up for and did not authorize the continual shipments of their books... They deleted the reports, and my score went up.

Starting Score: EQ 581,NO TU
Current Score: TU 676, EQ 663 EX 653
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.