Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

YES!!!!!! GW MIDLAND SUCCESS!

tag
TheVerdict
Valued Member

YES!!!!!! GW MIDLAND SUCCESS!

I am doing the happy dance!!!  Today I was lurking around the boards looking for an email address to GW Midland.  I had already typed my letter for the U.S. Mail and had planned on sending it out this afternoon.  After some research (thanks Illecs), I found three email addresses.  I sent my letter to all three via email late morning.  About an hour ago, I received a call from a customer service rep who said that the CEO had passed my email along to her to take care of.  She explained that while it is not their practice to delete legitimate collections, because of my compelling letter, they decided to delete the CA from all three CRA.  She told me that she would be sending me a letter in the mail confirming that so that I could follow up with the CRA's if it is not deleted within 30 days.  She also gave me the number to her direct line in case there was a problem in the future. 
Message 1 of 50
49 REPLIES 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: YES!!!!!! GW MIDLAND SUCCESS!

What was your story - did they validate, etc.?

800FICOwannabe

07/01/09 - FICO scores: EQ - 696, TU - 622 (Asset Acceptance reinserted as a new collection)
06/01/09 - FICO scores: EQ - 637, TU - 641
05/04/09 - FICO scores: EQ - 660, TU - 647
04/21/09 - FICO scores: EQ - 711, TU - 642
09/09/08 - Mortgage Enhanced: EQ - 607, EX - 556, TU - 534

Message 2 of 50
TheVerdict
Valued Member

Like so many others, I made a settlement agreement for less than the amount and paid the bill  before I became a member of the FICO family.  I didn't know then that I was supposed to ask for a PFD.  When I last pulled my EQ it showed that it was still 120 Days+ past due.  So, I sent the email advising that I had paid the bill in April per a settlement agreement and that it was still showing past due, and asked them to remove it from credit files because it was hurting my score and possibly hindering me from getting financing for a mortgage.  And they did just that.  I sent it to three email addresses that I found on the Board.  I was shocked that they responded so quickly. 

I really owe alot to you guys!  You are fantastic.  Since I have been reviewing the Boards I have been able to have 6 medical accounts removed using the HIPAA process, 2 judgments (which IMO was a fluke), and now Midland is on its way out.  I still have a few to go, and I have heard that they are pretty tough: Arrow Financial, First Premier Bank and Certified Recovery. 

Message 3 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

Arrow should be fairly easy - DV them repeatedly.  They usually can't validate and will delete.

800FICOwannabe

07/01/09 - FICO scores: EQ - 696, TU - 622 (Asset Acceptance reinserted as a new collection)

Message 4 of 50
TheVerdict
Valued Member

Thanks for the advise I am going to try it!
Message 5 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

And don't forget to CMRRR the DV letters - I think this tends to scare them b/c you can then prove your efforts if you ever have to!

Good luck!

800FICOwannabe

Message 6 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Verdict,

Congratulations on your success with Midland as they're not easy to deal with sometimes. Also, I sent you a PM asking you for the email addresses you used.

Message 7 of 50
TheVerdict
Valued Member

Thank ya very much! 

Check your PM.  I sent you the information. 

Message 8 of 50
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

That's some sweet success!!!!!!  Good for you!  Smiley Very Happy

Mine should be gone so I disputed the fact that they are still reporting.  I did this because when I called my old contact there, she said they cant delete, but to dispute with the 3.

Can I get that address too (pleaseplease) & maybe that will be quicker!

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 9 of 50
westo12
Established Contributor

Can I get the midland email addresses anyone? 
Chap7 discharge 07/2015
Fico 5/1/19: TR:650(73% util)
Cap1(Plat+QS) 3500+4500/Merrick 1600/Express 4100/Overstock 4900.
Message 10 of 50
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.