Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

YES!!! I did it :)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

YES!!! I did it :)

After almost paying $750 for credit repair I decided to go at it alone. In just 1 week I have been successful. 1) asset acceptance- ex husband hh Gregg card reporting as a collection for $6000. I disputed with bureaus & nothing, disputed with them & nothing. I have my divorce decree showing he was responsible for all debt & they still did nothing. So I sent a complaint to the bbb on Monday & got an email from them yesterday with a letter showing its going to be deleted 2) credit protection agency- old cable company reporting $700 collection for apparently not turning in equipment. Disputed with credit bureau & nothing, disputed with credit protection & nothing. Submitted Monday to bbb & got a call within 2 hours it will be deleted from bureaus. It seems disputing with bureaus gets you nowhere. I am in need of 50 points in 3 months so I feel I am finally on my way there.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Ralph1611
Established Member

Re: YES!!! I did it :)

that is great news. I am trying to get something off my Equifax report.. can you give me any numbers, or emails you used. This seems like the way to go.

Message 2 of 7
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Good work! Not only are you saving money not paying anyone else but the satisfaction of knowing you did it all yourself is priceless.

Message 3 of 7
cassie3783
Regular Contributor

Great job!!

It's amazing how much you can actually impact your credit score once your put your mind to it w/ the accurate knowledge to do so!

With the help of these boards, I've been able to raise my score approximately 30 points just in the last month all because I never thought about doing half the things these boards suggested!

Again, way to go!!!!

Message 4 of 7
JonRun
Regular Contributor

Good job!!!! Did you submit the BBB dispute online? What grounds did you use to have them delete the info? I'm in a similar situation with a divorce. My ex got her vehicle and our house, both of which we were co-borrowers on. She sold the house after racking up some late payments and had her car repossessed. Thanks!
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I went to bbb online & made the dispute by searching for the collection agency. I went to court house & got a certified copy of divorce papers, scanned them & uploaded with my bbb dispute. My divorce settlement stated he was responsible for all charges & payments on the card & I am no longer responsible. The bbb was the only ones who helped! I'm so happy I've been able to do this on my own!!!
Message 6 of 7
JonRun
Regular Contributor

Thank you. I may try this as I've had no luck with Chase Home Finance even though our divorce decree stated she was to keep the home and pay for it. I also signed over my interest in the home via a notarized Act of Donation.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.