Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yall I Finally Did It!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yall I Finally Did It!!

I FINALLY called the lender of my student loans from way back in 2010/2011 that I was late on just prior to filing for BR13 to see if they would take them off my credit reports!!!

And guess what?  She asked me a few questions to fill out the form to have them removed and said that it would be reviewed within 5 days and they would notify Ex,Eq, and Tr!!!!  It was 5 diff loans showing the same lates, which of course were consolidated into my BR and I paid off; discharge was late Dec/2015.

I am SO hoping this actually happens.  This will greatly help my score!!!  One lender also showing lates from then that I called said they couldnt because it was defaulted and turned over so they can't go back and delete.  Worth a shot.  Maybe I will call back tomorrow and see if I get someone else that can get it done.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Yall I Finally Did It!!

Nice !!! Do you mind sharing what lender this is?

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lender? I've been fighting with FedLoan for a couple months and they're driving me crazy.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wells Fargo Education Financial.  There were 5 diff loans; all for different amounts; I guess thats how they do the education loans with FAFSA I was doing at the time.

The one that wouldn't do it was Great Lakes Education something or other.

Message 4 of 6
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Wells Fargo Education Financial.  There were 5 diff loans; all for different amounts; I guess thats how they do the education loans with FAFSA I was doing at the time.

The one that wouldn't do it was Great Lakes Education something or other.

Wells Fargo at some point completely deleted my bad student loan tradelines completely on there own accord. I never even contacted them. They just disappeared one day. I'm not complaining😃

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well that is awesome!  After reading and reading through these forums, I dont know why I waited so long.  I guess I figured it would never work for me.  I just happened to have some downtime today and thought you know what I am going to call just to see.  Didnt care that I was at work either (lunch hour) and that someone might overhear my conversation.  I refuse to be ashamed of the situation I got put in and what I eventually had to do to get out of it!

Now grow score, GROW!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.