Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yay got 2 negatives removed!

tag
Erika3o3
Regular Contributor

Yay got 2 negatives removed!

I had to paid debts on my Credit Report (Equifax). ( i have a lot more non-paid that im working on) anyways 1 was Tmobile and the other was comcast.  The debt for both totaled 1479. I disputed them with equifax, and I finally got my email that the dispute was done. They have both been removed! YAY! I also dispute these 2 with the other bureau's but they didnt delete them. So should I go about getting them removed from the other 2 bureau's??

Fico 8 Scores as of 5/29/21
Equifax: 606 / Transunion 641 / Experian 647

Captial One Platinum: $500
Capital One QuickSilver: $2000
Discover IT: $1,500
Kohls: $300
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Re: Yay got 2 negatives removed!

What was your reasoning for disputing?
Message 2 of 9
Erika3o3
Regular Contributor

For comcast, I disputed because I payed that account before it went to collections. For Tmobile it was because when I paid them I was told it would be removed from my Credit File.

Message 3 of 9
Zcl1995

That is awesome! I'm new to the forum and just reading how other people are working to rebuild their credit is giving me hope! I have a charge off that I'm working to have removed from GM Financial. The last delinquency was in 2007, my last payment was in 2010 (I attempted to pay off the debt)... Will this charge off fall off from the 2007 date or the 2010 date? I'm trying to determine what action to take that is best. Help!
Message 4 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

It is excluded 7.5 years from the DoFD.  That is based on the date of first delinquency that lead to the CO.

Message 5 of 9
Erika3o3
Regular Contributor

+1 to guiness.  

Have you payed off the debt yet or has it not been payed?

Message 6 of 9
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the deletions!!!! If they sent you deletion letters confirming it I would fax them to the 2 bureau's I can take up to 60 days for removals.james3.gif

Message 7 of 9
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Well done, Congrats on getting them removed! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 8 of 9
macdqt1

congrats on your deletions! I've been working on my credit for 6 months and I feel that equifax is actually the easiest to get the right information in and quicker... the worst being experian.  I would actually reccomend doing them by certified letter since if you do it online they only allow you to dispute once and that's it.  

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.