Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yea First Successes

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yea First Successes

I recently DVed a few collections and two immediately were removed by NCO & Enhanced Recovery. I was a little surprised as I didn't originally dispute these so it's good to know that you can still DV after. I'm still waiting to hear back from Arrow & Midland(They have two weeks). They are still reporting monthy lates and driving down my score.

My question is NCO committed several legal violations. Dispite the fact they removed themselves do I still have a case?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: Yea First Successes

I guess it would depend on the violation.

Congrats on the deletes, but that doesnt mean that the CA's wont sell the debt to another CA, then the new

CA starts reporting.......but let's hope they are gone for good.Smiley Wink

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 3
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

Re: Yea First Successes

@Anonymous wrote:

I recently DVed a few collections and two immediately were removed by NCO & Enhanced Recovery. I was a little surprised as I didn't originally dispute these so it's good to know that you can still DV after. I'm still waiting to hear back from Arrow & Midland(They have two weeks). They are still reporting monthy lates and driving down my score.

My question is NCO committed several legal violations. Dispite the fact they removed themselves do I still have a case?

Hi shark...as said above...these collections could reappear, either from these same CAs or from others. They could be removed while the CAs are working on answering you. There is no deadline on when they have to answer. The restrictions have to do with trying to collect before they answer. Hopefully they are gone for good, but didn't want you to be surprised if they pop up again.

As to whether you have a case, you might want to start a separate thread on the subject and give the details, the chronology of events, etc. You'll get some input that way.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.