Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Goals For 2015?

tag
masscredit
Valued Contributor

Your Goals For 2015?

I consider myself at the tail end of the rebuilding process. Baddies from before my BK are starting to age off, I get good rates for auto loans and have a decent number of credit cards. I only had $1800. in available credit 3 years ago. My goal for this year was to be around $22-$23k. Currently at $29,850. and I might see one more increase in the next few weeks. 

I've been thinking ahead to next year. I can't really think of any goals. My utilization is at 1% and I don't want to take on any inquiries. I have 2 reporting on my EQ report. Would like to see zero on all of them so no app spree.  The only thing that I can think of is letting my current cards grow and try to get paid state tax liens off of my reports. THAT would be a huge goal. The state doesn't like to work with people like the IRS does. Other than that, it's just time that will heal my scores. 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
srchick
Regular Contributor

Re: Your Goals For 2015?

Congrats on your progress.  You're thinking along the same lines as myself.  My state lien will be paid by March and will work to ensure it's removed asap.  Have 4 revolving cc's and 2 store cards, also new car payment with 100% excellent payment record.  No new apps and will "permanently" garden in 2015 to give current prime cards a chance to mature. Plan to achieve mid-700 scores by 2nd qtr of 2015.  Goal?: To move from rebuilding mode of 2014 to "maintaining and raising the bar to the next level" in the new year.  Particular reason?  Because I want to continually experience the financial freedom I have worked so hard to achieve this year.  Each time I got an email or letter from a credit bureau showing another collection was removed from my reports.  Having a auto dealer finance manager say "We can finance your car for 4.45% (as compared to 17-19% from the past).  Applying for and receiving a Chase Freedom cc with $2K starting limit as compared to First Premier and Fingerhut territory of the past;  Working on my hubby's reports and raising his scores as well; never hesitating again to answer the telephone in case it's a collection agency calling about a past due account. To have prestigious AMEX send ME an invitation to apply for their card (didn't take it, threw it in the recycling but the fact it was sent!) 

For some on this forum, what I've shared is no big deal, but for me and where I started, my accomplishments are HUGE.  Many of the tools I gained from reading, reading and more reading the Myfico threads, and applying the methods shared.  I will NEVER go back in the dark hole of financial despair.  I'm anxious to see New Year's Eve arrive so I can put new goals and plans into place.  I like the new "decent credit me"! Smiley Happy

Starting Score Feb. 2013: 568
Current Scores: TU (715) {Myfico} EQ {Myfico} (723) EX (751)
Goal Scores: All at 750 by 3rd Qtr 2016 (Before tackling 800's) Don't procrastinate, take the first step!
Message 2 of 16
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Now that my CRs are now baddie free, I will be going on a silly app-spree: chase SWA, fidelity Amex at the minimum.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 3 of 16
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

I'm at the tail end of a rebuild also. Tomorrow or Monday, my last baddie should fall off TU. My EX is clean. EQ is clean in January.

Not sure I will keep score watch. Might cancel prior to mid Jan update. Have started my installment loan, which reports as secured (contrary to banks claims), but that doesn't matter for fico purposes.

Goals, get scores above 720 all three before another app in 2015. If attained, acquire Sallie Mae and maybe Discover It around April 2015, close out Legacy (rebuilder) Visa (discover likes EQ, so waiting for that score to normalize). PC quicksilver one to quicksilver.. Maybe acquire a card or two in November (full wish list, Sallie Mae, Discover It, Chase Amazon, Chase AARP, and BOA BBR).

However, I want to spread the apps out, to keep scores enhanced, want 760 min by end 2015. Also, discover and SM are tricky, they give you better limits if you don't have a lot of cards.

And why stop score watch? Because can save up money to check scores for appropriate apps prior to apping. No sprees here. Smiley Wink

Besides credit, since I manage my own portfolio, need to enhance my knowledge there,, and make up some money to buy while the goods are low. I also wish to increase my side savings for future purchases, emergency savings by 180 per pay period (May be more later this year). That's it.
Signature needs updating
Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am in the begining of my rebuild. 

I am looking at 4 baddies falling off

- and 4 new lines to age. 2 my own lines, 2 AU lines

January I will open a secured credit builder loan

June 2015 I will go on a mini app spree (barclays, store card, and maybe one more)

Garden until end of year 

2016 will be my year, as all of the awful baddies (beside brupt) will age off, and I will only have 4 left. Then its Amex @ 24 months to try and 3XI

Message 5 of 16
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

2015 I plan to build my score up as well as get my last collection and late pays from a current Cap 1 card removed. Have hopes of securing a mortgage mid 2015. Srchick, it's funny that you say you want a Chase Freedom. That was the first cc I ever received right after turning 18, unfortunately that's also the first cc I used to destroy my credit :-/ I just looked the card up lastnight and it stated that it was for "excellent credit". Man did that break my spirit some :'-( Good luck with your goals everyone!
Don’t take your credit for granted, use it with care! These days, catch me in the bankruptcy forum!?
Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

My goal for 2015 is a house.

My wife and I are in the mortgage process right now. Having signed the GFE last week, and being informed by my buyers agent that the bank had the appriser at the property, everything looks good so far.

The only negative that I have now is DTI.

If the house loan falls through, then I will continue to build, build, and build,  and try again in the summer.

Message 7 of 16
Dj4Money
Established Contributor

Continue the rebuilding process that was just started 10/14.

1) Increase the balances on both secured cards

2) Contemplate paying the negative info ( 2 Charge-Off's, 1 Active Collection)

3) Wait for my last paid collection to fall off, somewhere around July 2015 if not sooner

This is all I can really do. I don't really want any store cards right now, I don't like Fingerhut's selection and it wouldn't be something I would use often. At some point I will add a third card.

The negative info as far as I know won't take a PFD or remove late payments (School Loan). The student loan will update and remove lates after nine months. I need to confirm that with Great Lakes but I think this is the case. The others are known not to take PFD; I am going to have another conversation with SDFCU to confirm these are worth paying.

If not, I'll take that money use it as down and take a slightly higher interest rate on a car loan somewhere else, around the end of spring.

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

1.) Pay off this charge from Care Credit which is a little over $1300.

2.) Pay for deletion of a medical charge off. If I can't get deleted, then I'll just get it settled.

3.) Continue to pay my current credit cards off so my score can continue to go up.

4.) Get increases on all my current credit/charge accounts.

5.) Goal cards to get are Chase Sapphire and Discover It.

Message 9 of 16
junebug225
New Contributor

Continue my rebuilding journey. Pay two charge off off with the hope of gw deleting at some point and refinance my car.

Fico's EQ 540 TU 529 EX 517 starting 3/2015
Fico's EQ 760 TU 775 EX 771 as of 04/204
Long term 775 across the board
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.