Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Opinions Please

tag
sandieleslie
New Contributor

Your Opinions Please

Hi There,

I am starting to rebuild after a bankruptcy in 2005, an car accident, multiple miscarriages, a move from NY to FL for job, marital issues that caused a 9 month separation, and now a new born (5 months old). Let's just say, life has been rough.

I did a pull with a FAKO site that is affiliated with TU and the following are my scores - TU 607, EX 625, and EQ 604

TU just recently removed 6 accounts from my TU report (not sure about the others).

The following companies have negative line items on my report

HSBC - paid via RPM below

New Millenium - paid

First Premier - still owe

Capital One - paid via LVNV Funding

USA Funds - double up (I consolidated my student loans and they were paid but it has lates on there)

1st National Bank of Texas - paid

Verizon - paid

LVNV Funding - paid (this was the Capital One account above that was paid via another CA)

Jefferson Capital Systems - still owe

Enhance Recovery - still owe

Bureau of Collection Recovery - paid

Receivables Performance Management - paid

The ones that are already paid, do you think I could send them a letter asking for deletion, does anyone have any experience with any of these companies? would it negatively affect me to even bother or should I just leave them alone and not restart the SOL.

I need help, I am new here trying to get my act together to be able to buy a house at some point next year.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
mauve
Valued Contributor

Re: Your Opinions Please

You can't reset the SoL on paid accounts.  I'd goodwill the paid ones and DV any collection agency that's unpaid.  I'd also search for each company in question in the forums to see what other peoples' experiences are with them. 

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 8
mauve
Valued Contributor

Well, DV the ones that you have the funds to pay in full, assuming they're inside SoL.  And know your SoL for your state.  Your current state of residence, that is.

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 8
sandieleslie
New Contributor

thanks for your quick responses.

for the ones that are paid i will ask for deletion.

LVNV was not the one who had this when i paid it so i will ask them to delete. The CA who had it didnt report on my credit. I have a new CapOne card so I will ask them to delete in light of my new good record and the fact that that old card has been paid in full and not settled.

Message 4 of 8
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@sandieleslie wrote:

thanks for your quick responses.

for the ones that are paid i will ask for deletion.

LVNV was not the one who had this when i paid it so i will ask them to delete. The CA who had it didnt report on my credit. I have a new CapOne card so I will ask them to delete in light of my new good record and the fact that that old card has been paid in full and not settled.

Be sure and make it clear to them that you are only asking for deletion of the negative items associated with these accounts NOT the entire trade line. You want the TL's to remain once they are in good standing.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 5 of 8
sandieleslie
New Contributor

Hi MarineVietVet,

Thanks for your reply, I am constructing my letters right now and will heed your advice.

Message 6 of 8
sandieleslie
New Contributor

Hi MarineVietVet,

I just realized that the ones that I am looking to get deleted are Collection Accounts, shouldn't I try to get those removed since going to collections means nonpayment or slow payment. Doesn't the number of collection accounts affect the score? Forgive me if this is a stupid question.

Message 7 of 8
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@sandieleslie wrote:

Hi MarineVietVet,

I just realized that the ones that I am looking to get deleted are Collection Accounts, shouldn't I try to get those removed since going to collections means nonpayment or slow payment. Doesn't the number of collection accounts affect the score? Forgive me if this is a stupid question.

All you need to do is request that the collection notation itself be removed. That is separate from the OC account that led to the collection.

And there are no stupid questions.  Smiley Happy

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.