Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenith Acquisition

tag
fightinback
Established Member

Zenith Acquisition

Received a letter today from Zenith Acquisition who is willing to take a 60% discount on my outstanding balance of 1038.05. (415.22)  Is it possible to do a PFD for an amount that is less than the full balance? 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Zenith Acquisition

@fightinback wrote:

Received a letter today from Zenith Acquisition who is willing to take a 60% discount on my outstanding balance of 1038.05. (415.22)  Is it possible to do a PFD for an amount that is less than the full balance? 

You can negotiate any amount for a PFD. Just make sure you get everything in writing!

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 2 of 7
SFernandez13461
Frequent Contributor

I was just curious as to how long your account had been in collections when you received this offer. I'm trying to work on a settlement with Zenith, and they've been very difficult to negotiate with so far.

Any information would be appreciated. Thanks. 

EX 695, EQ 703, TU 681 (1/17)
Message 3 of 7
gamegrrl
Frequent Contributor

The only time I have ever heard from Zenith was for a CC that had been closed for almost 20 years. It was way past reporting and also beyond the SOL for my state. Is this a current debt?

EX myFICO 850 - EQ myFICO 850 - TU myFICO 850
Goal Score: 800+ across the board! *DONE!!!*
Message 4 of 7
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@gamegrrl wrote:

The only time I have ever heard from Zenith was for a CC that had been closed for almost 20 years. It was way past reporting and also beyond the SOL for my state. Is this a current debt?

Debt and the attempt to collect that debt can go on forever but it can't be reported after a certain date and the SOL is protection against a successful lawsuit. So even a 20 year old debt can be "current" in a certain sense since it never goes away.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 5 of 7
gamegrrl
Frequent Contributor

Very true. And well put!

EX myFICO 850 - EQ myFICO 850 - TU myFICO 850
Goal Score: 800+ across the board! *DONE!!!*
Message 6 of 7
Datx
Valued Contributor

Zenith has ignored all my PFD requests I have sent them. I even got to the point were I offered to PIF for a deletion and they still ignored my requests. They are tough to crack.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.