Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zombie Debt

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Zombie Debt

I and something similar but from am old Sprint account then passed thru a few collection agencies and finally ended up with LVNV until I got a letter recently from Resurgent Services or something to that effect offering to settle for 25% of the balance. 

Checked all three credit reports, saw that neither Sprint nor LVNV was still reporting and it's well past the SOL so I ignored the letter and filed it away. 

Message 11 of 13
annielorie
Valued Contributor

As Illecs says if you feel compeled to pay pay. Be careful though they could report it as settled CO. By making arrangements you wake the clock.  Personally anything that old I could not even verify after 7 and a half years Lots of roomates so I blatantly till them to not bother. Then cease and desist letter.

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Message 12 of 13
jmyers76
New Contributor

Some zombie debt collectors can be very litigeous.  You might expect for them to file suit to collect on it , if its a big bill. HOwever should that happen, all you have to do is show up with the affirmative defense that its past the sol, slam dunk.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.