Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

a 120 late

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

a 120 late

how bad does a 120 late hurt your credit? i have a 120 from 13 months ago and was just curious.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: a 120 late

It's considered a major derogatory so it will make a significant hit on your FICO score.   

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

+1

And if the delinquency status remains at that level, a charge-off may soon be coming.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

well the account was paid in full last feb and reported as 120 then closed in march so i am waiting on results of a dispute to hopefully remove to 120 late. it was an installment sales contract.

Message 4 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Its a major derog, and well worth the effort to purse a GW deletion.

Message 5 of 8
sooner63
Established Member

At what point does a 120 late lose impact on your score?
Message 6 of 8
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@sooner63 wrote:

Not until it falls off your report.   Cat Frustrated    It is a major derogatory and will likely hurt your FICO score until it goes away.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 7 of 8
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@pizzadude wrote:

@sooner63 wrote:

Not until it falls off your report.   Cat Frustrated    It is a major derogatory and will likely hurt your FICO score until it goes away.

I agree. A 120 day late is one of the "biggies" and although all negatives will lose impact as time goes by this will hurt the entire reporting period.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.