Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

a CC Question???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

a CC Question???

I just pulled my credit reports for the first time this year and there is a new revolving charge account added to my report.  It is a WFNNB/MEDCHOICE account.  I don't for the life of me remember asking for this card.  We have Tricare Prime insurance and never have to pay any medical bills, so this card is useless to me.  The card is showing opened on 1/1/2010 and has a limit of $2500.00. 

I want to close this card but am concerned about it hurting my credit score which is 680 on Equifax.  I never plan to use the card it is a positive tradeline it seems to be helping my debt to ratio.  Just curious as to what the wise ones out there would recommend.

I have been slowly rebuilding my credit and so far this is what I have:

Wells Fargo Mortgage - Paid in full  (30 day late Jan 05 & 30 day late Sept 07)

Barksdale Federal - Balance $374.00 (Mailed check to pay it in full last week ( 60 day July2006, 60 day July 2006, 30 day Dec 2006)

Capital One - CL $500 / Zero balance opened July 2009 ( NO LATES)

Capital One - CL 750 / Owe $454 opened Jan 2009 (NO LATES)

First Premier - CL 450 / Zero balance (opened Jan 2009 ) ((NO LATES))

First Premier - CL 350 / Owe $7 ( Opened Oct 2009) ((NO LATES))

JC Penney's - CL 150 - Opened June 2009 (NO LATES)

Sears - CL $8000  - Owe 7700.00 (Opened April 2009 by DH)  No lates

Capital One  - CLOSED ACCOUNT  Closed 04/2002 14 months reviewed ((NO LATES))

Finger Hut - CLOSED ACCOUNT Closed 01/2010 48 months reviewed ((NO LATES))

Home Depot - CLOSED ACCOUNT Closed 02/2005 6 months reviewed ((NO LATES))

Universal Card - CLOSED ACCOUNT closed 05/2005 71 months reviewed ((NO LATES))

AND

One Glorified Medical Collection for $266 dollars that I am disputing.  LONG STORY, and I will win!!!!

So in short - Just curious about the medical CC.  As you can see I don't need anymore.  I opened the ones I had because I was AU on the Closed accounts.  I had no credit so I am trying to Build / re-build what I have.  One Capital one and a First Premier I opened and put my 13 year old on as an AU.  I don't want her to be in the position that I am in and these cards we don't use.  They are just collecting positive months of payments.  She did use it once to pay the $80 for her sisters Ortho visit which I paid off the following weekend.  I want to teach her responsibility.  Something my parents never taught me.  So this is still a learning process for me.

BTW - do they have interventions for people who are addicted to these boards??????

Thanks to anyone who can just provide an opinion on this situation.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
mauve
Valued Contributor

Re: a CC Question???

@Anonymous wrote:

BTW - do they have interventions for people who are addicted to these boards??????

There's a 12 step program over at AddictedToMyFico.com.  You post about your struggles and people respond with suggestions as to how to deal with specific issues, how they got through it, etc.  Eventually you have to go to AddictedToAddictedToMyFico.com....it's an infinite loop, I'm afraid.

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 3
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: a CC Question???

Is it your card?  If it is not hurting your score, I would leave it  alone.

The only suggestion I have is for the 2 CC that are almost maxed out.  Those are killing your utilization and you need to get them paid down to at least 10%.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.