Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

a GW idea

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

a GW idea

i paid off my first premier credit card on july 19th, i just pulled my credit report and the collection agency that have the account still has it on my report as unpaid, if i was to send a GW whats the best way to set it up?

paid 1,300 ( in full)

CC 555

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: a GW idea

They most likely do not report each and every update of information when it occurs, and simply include all changes for the last month in their consolidated once-a-month reporiting cycle.  It could thus have been a very recent reporting.  The CRAs then need time to process.

I would give it a couple more weeks to clear.

The statutory requiment under FCRA 623(a)(2) is that a furnisher must promptly update when necessary to maintain the current accuracy of their reporitng.

No explicit time period is provided to define prompt.  Their next regular reporting cycle is a reasonable intermpretation.

Update is not a matter of good-will request, it is a matter of statutory requirment.  A gentle reminder of their statutory oblgiation would be my suggestion rather than a good-will request.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.