Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

a ca question

tag
keithc
Regular Contributor

a ca question

i have a ca(United Compucred Coll) i sent them a pfd-they responded with verification of debt of $114. i called them also-they told me in no uncertain terms that even if i paid in full they would not remove from reports!! so i contacted the oc(Olan Mills)- they emailed me back and stated to go back to Coll agency!! i am stuck-should i now send a gw ltr to oc(olan Mills)?????????? byrdman and others are you out there???
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: a ca question

Why would you send a GW...you can send a PFD to the OC (Olan Mills) in exchange for them pulling back from the CA...are both reporting..or just the CA...
Message 2 of 10
keithc
Regular Contributor

slyhouse, just the ca is reporting- i sent them the pfd not the oc(olan mills)!!!
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

If the OC sent you to the CA, then that is who you will have to deal with.

You might try sending another letter to the OC and specifically request them to remove the account from collections and allow you to pay them. Not sure what your first letter said.

If the OC will not, you will have to deal with the CA.

2 options-

--continue sending PFD's until they accept or it falls off

--pay it and let it report paid, send GW letters until they accept or it falls off

What is DOFD?

Message 4 of 10
keithc
Regular Contributor

sidewinder dofd is sept 2001!!!!
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

keithc wrote:
sidewinder dofd is sept 2001!!!!

It should come in September this year. Are you app'ing for anything large before then?
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

You might no better waiting for it to fall off...seems like the drop off date will be Sept. of this year...
Message 7 of 10
keithc
Regular Contributor

sidewinder, i am trying to refi my 07 auto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i want to get the best possible int. rate!! currently it is 13.45% with Wells Fargo!!
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

You need to know who owns the account!!!!  Im guessing that only the CA is reporting...is that correct?

If so and the OC still owns the account I would pay the OC. Usually the OC has no idea that they can pull the account from the CA....you can explain it to them & see if they will do it.

Always DV a CA before sending a PFD!!!!

If you are past SOL  most OCs and CAs will accept a PFD.
Message 9 of 10
keithc
Regular Contributor

just wanted everyone this acct was deleted from cr's. waiting on cr increase!!! going for 720!!!
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.