Regular Contributor
keithc

a ca question

i have a ca(United Compucred Coll) i sent them a pfd-they responded with verification of debt of $114. i called them also-they told me in no uncertain terms that even if i paid in full they would not remove from reports!! so i contacted the oc(Olan Mills)- they emailed me back and stated to go back to Coll agency!! i am stuck-should i now send a gw ltr to oc(olan Mills)?????????? byrdman and others are you out there???
Valued Contributor
slyhouse08

Re: a ca question

Why would you send a GW...you can send a PFD to the OC (Olan Mills) in exchange for them pulling back from the CA...are both reporting..or just the CA...
Regular Contributor
keithc

slyhouse, just the ca is reporting- i sent them the pfd not the oc(olan mills)!!!
Moderator Emeritus

If the OC sent you to the CA, then that is who you will have to deal with.

You might try sending another letter to the OC and specifically request them to remove the account from collections and allow you to pay them. Not sure what your first letter said.

If the OC will not, you will have to deal with the CA.

2 options-

--continue sending PFD's until they accept or it falls off

--pay it and let it report paid, send GW letters until they accept or it falls off

What is DOFD?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Free Annual Reports, Freq. Requested Threads, 5 Things We Don't Talk About, Common Abbreviations, Where do I start?, State Resources
Regular Contributor
keithc

sidewinder dofd is sept 2001!!!!
Moderator Emeritus

keithc wrote:
sidewinder dofd is sept 2001!!!!

It should come in September this year. Are you app'ing for anything large before then?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Free Annual Reports, Freq. Requested Threads, 5 Things We Don't Talk About, Common Abbreviations, Where do I start?, State Resources
Valued Contributor
slyhouse08

You might no better waiting for it to fall off...seems like the drop off date will be Sept. of this year...
Regular Contributor
keithc

sidewinder, i am trying to refi my 07 auto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i want to get the best possible int. rate!! currently it is 13.45% with Wells Fargo!!
Moderator Emeritus
HappyDays

You need to know who owns the account!!!!  Im guessing that only the CA is reporting...is that correct?

If so and the OC still owns the account I would pay the OC. Usually the OC has no idea that they can pull the account from the CA....you can explain it to them & see if they will do it.

Always DV a CA before sending a PFD!!!!

If you are past SOL  most OCs and CAs will accept a PFD.
Regular Contributor
keithc

just wanted everyone this acct was deleted from cr's. waiting on cr increase!!! going for 720!!!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+