wondering86

a civil judgment and a charge off from same source?

Hello,
I'm still pretty new to all this, but am in the process of rebuilding my credit. So I'm just wondering, if I have a delinquent account from capital one from 6 years ago. It is currently on my equaifax score as just that. However on my transunion it is lowering my score, BC it appears as a delinquent charge off and a public record, or civil judgment. Is it suppose to be on there twice? They are both from capital one?
Established Contributor
Leadberry

Re: a civil judgment and a charge off from same source?

[ Edited ]

wondering86 wrote:
Hello,
I'm still pretty new to all this, but am in the process of rebuilding my credit. So I'm just wondering, if I have a delinquent account from capital one from 6 years ago. It is currently on my equaifax score as just that. However on my transunion it is lowering my score, BC it appears as a delinquent charge off and a public record, or civil judgment. Is it suppose to be on there twice? They are both from capital one?

Yes they can do that.  Judgements and chargeoffs are two different things.

guiness56

Leadberry wrote:

wondering86 wrote:
Hello,

Yes they can do that.  Judgements and chargeoffs are two different things.

+1

The charge off is from the CC itself. 

The judgment is from them suing you.  Were you aware of a judgment?  Were you served?

wondering86

No I don't think I was. It just seems crazy that the same bill is on my credit report twice. How do I fix it? Do I call co and try to make monthly payments or what? And does that fix both the judgment and the cc?
guiness56

Paying one would satisfy the other.  However, if you were not properly served you may be able to get the judgment vacated.

Call the clerk and ask for copies of all the paperwork and see what they have.

If there was ever a CA involved, they could be on your CR also.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}