cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

a civil judgment and a charge off from same source?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

a civil judgment and a charge off from same source?

Hello,
I'm still pretty new to all this, but am in the process of rebuilding my credit. So I'm just wondering, if I have a delinquent account from capital one from 6 years ago. It is currently on my equaifax score as just that. However on my transunion it is lowering my score, BC it appears as a delinquent charge off and a public record, or civil judgment. Is it suppose to be on there twice? They are both from capital one?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Leadberry
Established Contributor

Re: a civil judgment and a charge off from same source?

@Anonymous wrote:
Hello,
I'm still pretty new to all this, but am in the process of rebuilding my credit. So I'm just wondering, if I have a delinquent account from capital one from 6 years ago. It is currently on my equaifax score as just that. However on my transunion it is lowering my score, BC it appears as a delinquent charge off and a public record, or civil judgment. Is it suppose to be on there twice? They are both from capital one?

Yes they can do that.  Judgements and chargeoffs are two different things.

FICO Scores 800+
Message 2 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@Leadberry wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Hello,

Yes they can do that.  Judgements and chargeoffs are two different things.

+1

The charge off is from the CC itself. 

The judgment is from them suing you.  Were you aware of a judgment?  Were you served?

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

No I don't think I was. It just seems crazy that the same bill is on my credit report twice. How do I fix it? Do I call co and try to make monthly payments or what? And does that fix both the judgment and the cc?
Message 4 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Paying one would satisfy the other.  However, if you were not properly served you may be able to get the judgment vacated.

Call the clerk and ask for copies of all the paperwork and see what they have.

If there was ever a CA involved, they could be on your CR also.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.