Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

a little extra to bring up your score

tag
hoppermech
New Contributor

a little extra to bring up your score

over the course of the last 7 months of trying to fix our credit I have learned quite a bit. I am currently 20 points shy of getting to my middle score of 620 in order to qualify for my mortgage. I had my scores pulled by the lender I will be going thru and since I have remained in contact with one of the agent he was able to give me a little more insight. he pulled my scores last month as I thought we were there bymyfico and another hard pull from the month prior and he informed me I was still 20 points short, we sat down over the phone and went thru my credit report line by line. there were still 4 old hospital collections that were supposed to be removed because of PFD that still were on there (spoke to the company and they assured me the information had just been sent out and probably had not reflected yet on the report) and sent me copies of what they sent to the CRA's. As well as a Judgement that is to be reomoved which I have paperwork for also. so with all the negative things highlighted he went thru the positive items and found that there was a auto loan that was not being reported to one of the CRA's and questioned it because i owed less than 30% on it and had no missed or late payments. There was also a personal loan reflecting the same way only two of the three CRA's. I contacted the agencies first and they said yes they should be reporting, then I contacted the companies. The auto loan company tried to tell me that when they first opened that they had spoken to the CRA and they were informed the CRA only wanted negeative items. I informed the finance manager this was not the case and she said she would look into it. just spoke to here today and she said she is working on the contract and it should be on my credit end of next week. the other company has also informed me that the information was sent to the CRA it was not reporting to but will be corrected soon. I will keep everyone informed as to how much this helps my Score.  I guess moral is dont just worry about the negative items also review the positive and insure it is reflecting properly. every little bit helps

Starting Score: EQ 518 TU 589
Current Score: EQ 571 TU 614 EXP hard pull Jan 2012 629 Beacon 5.0
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
PapasWifey
Regular Contributor

Re: a little extra to bring up your score

@hoppermech wrote:

... I guess moral is dont just worry about the negative items also review the positive and insure it is reflecting properly. every little bit helps

Hey, I hope with the success of those changes your score will increase quite a bit!

Yes, I agree very much about the positive history. I recently learned that the 1 revolving account (CC) I've had since 2010 has never reported on EQ, even though it has on the other 2. I contacted them and am awaiting for it to start showing. I hope that will give me some boost as well.

Starting Score: 576 EQ 1-12-13
Current Score: 588 EQ 2-3-13
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.