Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

a problem with afni

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

a problem with afni

I have a huge problem with afni. There is an old collection on my eq report from them. In fact it is so old it is due to fall off here in the next few months.

I have not paid this bill not because I dont pay my bills but because I do not believe the bill is mine. Over the last few years I have DV'd them SEVERAL times. Each time sending the letters CMRR of course. The first time they refused it. The last times they accepted and signed for it but never actually gave a valid response all they would do is send me a letter asking for more information such as my ssn and such. Info that they should already have.

I had written all 3 of the credit bureaus to complain and none of them did anything. Not that I expected them to.

On TU and EX they are reporting as a collection. BUT on EQ they are reporting as an account and of course are reporting it as 120+days late. There has been no word from them in quite some time and no inquires on my credit history up untill very recently.

When I purchased an EQ report from myfico today I noticed that afni did a accounts review inquiry.

Why?

Are they finally going to validate or are they going to try and keep it on my file later?

TU shows it dropping of in april, EX shows it dropping of in march and according to the DOFD listed on EQ it will drop off in June  all of this year.

If they can PROVE this debt is mine I will pay it but not until then but I want them out of my hair and I want it off my report.

Unfortunately I have a common name and I get stuff on my file all too often thats not mine. I've never had this much of a problem dealing with it. But then again this is afni we are talking about.

I have copies of all my credit reports from the last several months so If they do try to re-age will sending the CRA that info help.

Sorry if I am rambling and dont make much since I am tired and pissed off.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: a problem with afni

Oh wait I almost forgot, the last time I dv'd them they responded with a letter telling me that they had recieved my C&D letter and would cease all communications except by mail.

HUH???

Message 2 of 8
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Hi jeepgirl,

Afni didnt read your DV letter, the only thing they saw was, cease all communications except by mail.

Start looking at the glass half full, instead of empty. I would get ready to do the happy dance.

Your collection will be off your CR's within the next few months. Hooray !!! Smiley Wink

I understand you are pissed off...................but stress is not good for you.

We would rather see you doing this Smiley Tongue 

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Funny thing is I didnt put that line in my letter. Mmmm maybe they are just so used to being told to foad. Im trying to be happy just the recent inquiry makes me worry especially since they havent done an inquiry and years and now all of a sudden they do.
Message 4 of 8
newstart2010
Blogger

keep printouts of the reports showing when the account is supposed to drop off.  just in case they re-age.
I live my life like I type, fast and with a lot of mistakes.
Spacebar broken. Watch for finger.

02/04/2015 || TU 08: 728 EX 08: 709 EQ 08: 748

Message 5 of 8
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

I agree. I wouldn't do anything unless they do.

Sit tight. You're almost to the end.

Message 6 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The DV process is not a dispute process.  It is governed by the FDCPA, and relates to the cessation of collection activities.

IF you dispute the debt, and want to compel verification within 30-days, your recourse is to file a dispute wth the CRA under FCRA 611(a).

How long a CA stays in your CR has nothing to do with the DV process.  Continued reporting of a CA in your CR is governed by only one thing.  That is the date of first delinquency (DOFD) on the original creditor account.  FCRA 605(c).

Establish the DOFD on the OC account, add 7 1/2 years to that, and that is a single date-certain for drop of the CA from your CR.   What the CA has or has not done is irrelevant.

Message 7 of 8
cbmcbm
Established Member

I just went postal on AFNI. sent them DV which they didnt respond to but updated on EX changing some dates related to the TL. Sent them another dv after seeing that they had updated on EX.  At this time I sent complaint to BBB and another to the ILL Attorney General. They responded to BBB and I refused to accept their reply as fact. I sent them (AFNI)  email using info on their response to the BBB basically informing them they better provide document before they update the with the other 2 CRAs. After 2 emails later, they said they have chosen to close account and are deleting. I informed them it better be ASAP before I got my reinvestigation replies from TU and EQ. Day letter I got email from BBB saying Afni had agreed to delete. AG office also sent letter to say Afni had told them they are deleting. Whole thing took from Jan 11 when they got my first DV to Feb 9 when I got their email saying that they are deleting.

Be aggressive with them. If they dont respond to you, force them  to by involving the BBB, AG and even the ACA. They sure will respond and possibly with a deletion letter.

After that I attacked another CA using similar technique and they are now deleting

Good luck. And by the way my DV was past the 30 day window but suing SOL had  expired.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.