Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

? about OC and CA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

? about OC and CA

I have a charged off CC with First Premier.  FP is showing on CR.  I have gotten a letter from a CA for a settlement offer and they are not on CR.  II want to send a PFD who do I send it to.  FP or the CA?  If i send it to the CA will they have FP delete it off CR if they agree?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: ? about OC and CA

You'd send the PFD to whomever is reporting a balance. If FP is updating monthly, and reports a balance, then it is FP who still owns the debt and still reports.

If a CA accepts a PFD, like in your example, the OC is under no obligation to delete.

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: ? about OC and CA

I have a charged off CC with First Premier.  FP is showing on CR.  I have gotten a letter from a CA for a settlement offer and they are not on CR.  II want to send a PFD who do I send it to.  FP or the CA?  If i send it to the CA will they have FP delete it off CR if they agree?

________________________________________________________________________________________________-

Not a simple answer.

You apparently have a debt that the OC still apparenty holds ownershiip, and has refrerred it for collection assistance to a debt collector/CA.

My advice would be  to immediately PIF the OC, but I am not a gambler.

Yes, PIF wont result in any credit reproting deletions, but it will avoid a CA being posted by tne debt collector. 

If you want to take the riskier routte of holdng out for PFD deletion, that is the same risk as sitting at a blackjack table in Vegas.

THe CA can post at any time, and legal action can come at any time, from the OC or the CA.

Your risk.  Your decision.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.