Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

? about scoring differences/similarities between each CRA's FICO scoring

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

? about scoring differences/similarities between each CRA's FICO scoring

I just posted about how my Equifax FICO score jumped from 602 to 636 within the past week due to a CO being deleted.  My Trans Union FICO score was 624 when I checked it a couple of weeks ago.  Is it safe to say that my Trans Union and Experian FICO scores will increase around the same amount of points?  Or do they score everything in a completely different manner?  Equifax has always been my lowest score even when considering FAKO's.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: ? about scoring differences/similarities between each CRA's FICO scoring

@Anonymous wrote:

I just posted about how my Equifax FICO score jumped from 602 to 636 within the past week due to a CO being deleted.  My Trans Union FICO score was 624 when I checked it a couple of weeks ago.  Is it safe to say that my Trans Union and Experian FICO scores will increase around the same amount of points?  Or do they score everything in a completely different manner?  Equifax has always been my lowest score even when considering FAKO's.

It's a YMMV because the formula differs across all 3. Also, all 3 of your reports are not exactly alike and small differences in this TL and your other TLs reporting can result in varying changes when an even occurs like this. Also, while it is likely that all 3 would increase, there's a chance that one can go up, the other two down, or vice-versa. For example, DW had a CO drop off due to CRTP and her TU FICO increased around 30. Her EQ FICO dropped. Despite reporting as a CO with 26+ lates, it was her oldest revolving, though.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.