New Contributor
tictoc

account status changed?

I recently disputed an acct with an OC that I had paid in full years ago, and today I got an alert telling me the acct was changed, the acct use to state bad debt/collection and had late payments on there, now the acct shows a $0 balance no lates and acct status as settlement accepted, is the better?  Is it going to help my score?

Starting Score: Ex: 580 EQ: 608 myfico TU: 585
Current Score: Ex: 694 fcr.com EQ FICO: 663 TU: Unk
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Mega Contributor
RobertEG

Re: account status changed?

Hard to say.  The reporting of a $0 balance is somthing that was required of them when the debt was settled.

The deletion of the prior derogs will help.

However, they have apparently reported a "paid for less than the full amount" special comment to reflect how you paid the debt.

That in itself is a negative comment, telling others that, in the past, you did not pay all of obligated debt. 

Some feel that FICO separately scores a "settled for less" comment.  I have seen no public statement to that effect, but the experiences of others seem to indicate that they do.

New Contributor
tictoc

Re: account status changed?

oh ok I'll check that out thanks!

Starting Score: Ex: 580 EQ: 608 myfico TU: 585
Current Score: Ex: 694 fcr.com EQ FICO: 663 TU: Unk
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+