Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

acct deleted help!!

tag
Greene718
Contributor

acct deleted help!!

So i disputed an acct on equifax and they endes up deleting the acct which is great. the acct was with nationwide bank. but just 2daya prior i spoke with someone n set up an payment arrangement AND i also sent a letter out to the VP. i just found out it was deleted. I dont know if it will reappear on my credit report being that i made a payment arrangement. do i call back and cancel it? or just do nothing, and also the letter for PFD is already on its way...what should I do?

Starting Score: EX 552 TU 652
Current Score: EQ 627 TU 715
Goal Score: EQ 670 TU 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

Re: acct deleted help!!

@Greene718 wrote:
So i disputed an acct on equifax and they endes up deleting the acct which is great. the acct was with nationwide bank. but just 2daya prior i spoke with someone n set up an payment arrangement AND i also sent a letter out to the VP. i just found out it was deleted. I dont know if it will reappear on my credit report being that i made a payment arrangement. do i call back and cancel it? or just do nothing, and also the letter for PFD is already on its way...what should I do?

same thing just happened to me. I disputed the dates that they reported on my late payments after confirming they were wrong with the creditor. The account was just deleted from all 3 of the CRA's but I still owe for the student loan and made a payment yesterday.

So basically, just b/c it was removed from your CR doesn't mean the debt has vanished. You still owe the money as well; unless the account and been zeroed out and closed by the creditor.

Like you, I don't mind the account had been deleted from my credit file because it has 3 derog's on it, and I have a plethora of student loans (installment loans) already reporting so by having that deleted my score jumped 43pts in one day.

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 2 of 8
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

my bad, i just noticed this was for a PFD.

so were the terms of the PFD to pay and have them delete, but you disputed before the PFD settlement and it has already been deleted?

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 3 of 8
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Hmm.. I'd still pay it.  That way it doesn't show up with another JDB.  See what they send back.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 4 of 8
Greene718
Contributor

So you think I should still pay it? I just dont want to pay it than months letter it comes back on my credit report as settled in full since right now its completely off. it was a chargeoff acct. i should have waited for the dispute to finish before i settled on an agreement. then i also sent a pfd right after. i hope it all doesnt backfire.

Starting Score: EX 552 TU 652
Current Score: EQ 627 TU 715
Goal Score: EQ 670 TU 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 8
Rlandon87
Regular Contributor

Things to consider:

1) The debt is NOT paid- it can very easily show back up on your report and possibly with the late/missed payments- you still owe so they can still report.
2) Since it is not paid this company can re add the info to your report as a negative TL and then sell to another CA which will also report negatively.
3) You have a PFD letter pending- wait about 30 more days if you have had no response I would start paying the debt.

This is just my opinion on what I would do. But this comes from the ideology that if I borrowed money from someone I am responsible for it. I would sleep better at night knowing the debt is paid and no further negative action can happen rather than save a few bucks and sweat it for 7 years of what might happen.
 photo ficos3.jpg
Message 6 of 8
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

You stand a much better chance of it not showing back up if it's paid.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 7 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

When you say you "set up a payment agreement," what specifically did you do?

If it was a mutual agreement on the part of both parties with agreed terms, they could attempt to enforce it as a contract.

If in writing, most likely a slam dunk for them.  If only oral, they could still attempt to enforce it if they can document the contract.

One party cannot just call the other and unilaterally void a contract.  If and when agreed payment is due and not forwarded, you could find yourself in court.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.