Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

advice on two verizon charge-offs

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

advice on two verizon charge-offs

I have two tradelines listed for verizon (they said one was for basic services and another was for add-on features - frustrating that they can split it up and ding me twice!). 

Anyway, they both show a balance and are listed under my accounts section, so are screwing up my util (one credit report has a larger charge-off balance from an old credit card, but experian has only these balances, and if they show zero, the score simulator thinks it could help bump my score).

Since getting the balance down to zero might help, would you just PIF and then GW to try and get it deleted after the fact?  Or, would you press for a PFD anyway?  These are within the SOL, by the way (2006).

I'm not seeing much luck on here with Verizon PFDs...

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: advice on two verizon charge-offs

There have been a few people on here that have had luck getting Verizon to PFD. I have sent letter after letter and even tried the planetfeedback route with no luck. Some have had luck with planetfeedback. Have you tried that?

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: advice on two verizon charge-offs

@Anonymous wrote:

There have been a few people on here that have had luck getting Verizon to PFD. I have sent letter after letter and even tried the planetfeedback route with no luck. Some have had luck with planetfeedback. Have you tried that?

Thanks for the response!  I haven't tried that yet.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.