Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

after paying a debt....

tag
USC08
Frequent Contributor

after paying a debt....

After paying a debt..what is the time frame for the agency/company to report it as paid to the CRA's and when must they give confimation that its paid?? is there a law that states it? i'm in CA

Message Edited by USC08 on 07-19-2008 12:44 AM
myFICO - EQ: 776 EX: 763 TU: 791
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: after paying a debt....

USC08 wrote:
After paying a debt..what is the time frame for the agency/company to report it as paid to the CRA's and when must they give confimation that its paid?? is there a law that states it? i'm in CA

Message Edited by USC08 on 07-19-2008 12:44 AM

Cali has alot of extra laws for help with credit repair. I would read up on them.

I do not know of an exact law that states a time frame they have to report it paid. Most agencies will only update accounts 1 time per month, so I would give it 30-45 days.(The CRA's will take a few days after getting the update from the creditor's.)  If after that time, then you can dispute it with the CRA's as 'paid, balance incorrect, etc'
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: after paying a debt....

They will report it paid in time, but bear in mind this has no reflection on your credit score. FICO scoring factors paid and unpaid collections the same.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.