cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*#&$^%*(*** COLLECTION POPPED UP! IN ERROR!

tag
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

*#&$^%*(*** COLLECTION POPPED UP! IN ERROR!

S/W yesterday, medical collection caused a drop of 33.

I called the agency this morning and they were confused, as this was paid months ago.  After speaking to the manager, it's going to be removed from the CRA.

Now....will I regain most of those 33 points?  If not....there's gonna be a problem!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: *#&$^%*(*** COLLECTION POPPED UP! IN ERROR!

Very rarely you get most of the points back. It really depends on what's on your credit reports at the time of removal, IMO.

Message 2 of 8
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

So I have to suffer for the CA's error?  It was reported on 6/1/13, they're removing it today.

Message 3 of 8
DaBears
Senior Contributor

When it gets removed check your fico score. Me personally I have never seen someone get all points back. I'm not saying it could happen. I just never seen it. 

Message 4 of 8
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

I also had Portfolio removed (thanks EQ).....I'll update my score next month as I've also paid down util by 2% additional.

Message 5 of 8
DaveRoth

I don't understand this.

If a FICO score "has no memory" (as I have often read here), if a collection is posted, then deleted, shouldn't the score after the deletion be exactly what it was before it popped up (assuming no other changes, of course).

No disagreeing, but I don't understand.  If this is not the case, then factors other than the visible data on a credit report must factor into a score.

Message 6 of 8
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Well, we're at the mercy of something there is no definitive answer to. 

If I've had no other changes this week, I should gain those 33 back....yet I hear probably not.  I think it's crap that people make errors, yet we're the ones who suffer for them.  GRRRRRRSmiley Surprised

I had another recent collection removed and must not have gained from that (removed two weeks ago via eq dispute). 

Message 7 of 8
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Most definately, me personally the whole system needs a overhaul!!!! As I stated, fish could get the point back or not. Me personally I never seen it happen even with me. Just my 2 cents. I still keep my head up cause when I signed up in Oct 12' I started with 12 collections. I am down to 1. I have learned from a wonderful group of people here, Guiness56, Shogun and others that credit rebuilding is patiences. I am now seeing light at the tunnel and I have not seen my credit reports so clean since I was 20. 

DaBears

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.