Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

... and now for some credit cards changes

tag
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

... and now for some credit cards changes

OK ... so now that I closed on my house on 7/31, I need to replace my secured credit cards.

Vystar creditt union - closed a $1,000 secured credit card today and received a bump in my credit limit on my $500 unsecured card to $2,000!

Barclay - went online and accepted an offer received in the mail a month ago. Was approved for $1,500

Will go forward with the above two credit cards plus

Credit One unsecured [$700]

An auto loan

My new home mortgage

Will close my two First Progress secured cards [$300 each] once I receive the bill and will be gardening for the next year at least. Don't need any more credit!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: ... and now for some credit cards changes

@ezdriver wrote:

OK ... so now that I closed on my house on 7/31, I need to replace my secured credit cards.

Vystar creditt union - closed a $1,000 secured credit card today and received a bump in my credit limit on my $500 unsecured card to $2,000!

Barclay - went online and accepted an offer received in the mail a month ago. Was approved for $1,500

An auto loan

My new home mortgage

Will close my two First Progress secured cards [$300 each] once I receive the bill and will be gardening for the next year at least. Don't need any more credit!

Add 1 store card to the 3 bankcards, that is the  minimum recommended to maximize your Fico, grats on your new home Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 3
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Re: ... and now for some credit cards changes

@gdale6 wrote:

@ezdriver wrote:

An auto loan

My new home mortgage

Add 1 store card to the 3 bankcards, that is the  minimum recommended to maximize your Fico, grats on your new home Smiley Happy

Hmmm ... thanks for the recommendation. I thought that 3 bank cards would be sufficient but I'll add a store card ... Home Depot ... since I'm always in there buying stuff.

I plan to refi out of my FHA mortgage when the required time has elapsed. At that time, I want to have a middle score of at least 720.

UPDATE: I applied online for the Home Depot CC. Seems to have been declined with this message "Your application has been received, but further processing is required at this time. We will contact you within 2 weeks by US mail regarding our decision.". Citibank may have been one of the creditors that charged off an account of mine in past few years and likely included in my ch7 creditor list. C'est la vie!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.