Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

another thank you message to everyone!

tag
Jaguars28fan
Contributor

another thank you message to everyone!

Thank you everyone on this board who has helped me!  I joined a year ago or so.  I buried myself in debt when I was younger and then I ignored it and hid from it for years.  I finally decided I wanted a mortgage and I needed to fix it.  When I started I had tons of debt, collections, charge offs, etc.  My score was probably low 500s.  Today I just pulled my report from USAA and my last big baddie capt1 chargeoff came off and my eq score was 684!  which I never believed would be possible. 

To anyone starting out, it's going to be long and frustrating, but well worth it.  I've had 4 collections removed, chargeoffs removed from hard companies like cap1, hsbc.  charge offs gwed from chase, credit one.  If someone on the board has success, find out how and you'll likely have the same.  Be persistent and don't give up on it.  If you call, write, or email and you don't like the answer back, do it again and someone else might give you a better one.  I was rejected by several reps until I finally talked to the right one and they agreed with what I wanted. 

Thanks again for everyone!  This board was def. a life saver.  I couldn't have ever imagined being eligible for mortgages this early.  I was satisifed with being in credit hell till atleast 2016. 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
pedsaktix
Valued Member

Re: another thank you message to everyone!

Congratulations!

I'm curious.. Do you still have that GW letter you use by any chance?..  ; )  I also have charge offs and bad debt in my credit history.. but all went to CA..  Did you send the GW letters directly to the bank or CA?

Starting Score: TU 627 EQ 619
Current Score: TU 647 EQ 629
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 9
NewbieReed
Frequent Contributor

Woohoo! Nicely done! Smiley Happy

it feels good!

Starting Score: 526 EXP 09/2012 600 FICO 10/2012 608 EX (lenderpull)11/2012
Current Score: 705 FICO TU (10/2014)Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 9
Jaguars28fan
Contributor

the GW to chase and creditone were pretty simple. I just told them about my mistakes in the past, how I was young, took credit for granted, that I'm trying to turn things around and if they could help by offering goodwill by removing themselves off my report.  I sent the GWs to email contacts of chase and credit one which if I can find, I'll PM you them.  They still GWed even if there are collection accounts showing for the same account. 

Message 4 of 9
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Happy Dance!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 5 of 9
pedsaktix
Valued Member

Cool Thanks..  I'll looking forward to that PM..

I'm horrible at making business letter composition and not being a born english speaker it really it really takes me a while to complete a sentence..  I would appreciate if you could include a sample GW and I can use.. and I'll just edit it and tailore it to my situation.   - Thanks,

Message 6 of 9
TravisD
Contributor

Pedsaktix - http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/GW-letter-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-GW-Success-Sto...
........???................659 (FICO)................659 (TU08) ........
Message 7 of 9
pedsaktix
Valued Member

Thanks TravisD.

Message 8 of 9
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Great job, Congrats! Always good to see so much hard work pay off. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.