Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

any reliable credit repair firm ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

any reliable credit repair firm ?

Hello

My transunion came out to be 495, experian 615 at the dealership ... however when I pulled experian myself it was 641...

I have a land foreclosure (45k land, market value now 19k) & medical bills on there, I wont pay them, I pay a huge insurance premium (bluecross) but they're being really big blood suckers... anyway pls advise whats the quickest way to take the score northwards

EXPERIAN:

Negative Factors Contributing to Your Score

1. You have one or more missed payments. 
Missing payments is the most damaging thing you can do to your credit. The purpose of a credit score is to help lenders predict whether or not you will miss payments in the future, so even a single missed payment can significantly lower your score.

2. Your average credit card limit is less than $x,000. 
Lenders understand that it is much easier to manage a small amount of credit vs. a large amount of credit. Your relatively low credit limits signal to lenders that you have not had experience managing large amounts of credit, which makes them worried about extending more credit to you.

3. Your credit-to-debt ratio is more than 51%. 

4. You have one or more credit cards maxed out. 
When you have spent more than 85% of your available credit on a credit card, lenders perceive this as a sign that you are living off of your credit cards because your income is not large enough to cover your expenses. This leads them to believe that you might not be able to afford the payments on future lines of credit.

Positive Factors Contributing to Your Score

2. Your mortgage is in good standing. 

3. You do not have any Public Records. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: any reliable credit repair firm ?

Outright refusal to pay delinquent debt is probably not a good forbodance of score improvement, but rather of escalation of attempts to collect, with possible score decrease.

Message 2 of 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to the forums!

I'd suggest reading the following:

Common Abbreviations

Credit Scoring 101 - great for knowing what is in your credit score and to see how your score is impacted.

What Steps Do I Take - great for learning the repair process.

and Example letters - PFDs, GWs, DVs, etc.

If you pulled your own EX score know that it isn't a FICO score and lenders don't use that. Experian blocked consumer access to your own FICO score a few years back, however lenders like via the car dealership can still access them. 

I also noticed that the advice comes from Experian or one of their many services. Ignore their advice and scores. Sometimes it's counter-productive to FICO scoring. Using the info above, #1 would hurt your FICO if you have any lates or baddies reporting. Certainly consider tackling them using the links in my post here as a guide. Definitely post back if you have any questions.

Ignore #2. FICO doesn't care if you have low limits or high limits. It's how you use those limits that counts. In other words, a person with a combined CL of $500 has an equal chance as someone with combined limits of $500,000. It's just easier to manage higher limits but FICO doesn't care at all.

For #3, if your util is above 51% then that can hurt FICO. For max points, pay all CCs to $0 except for one and get one to report a balance of under 9% of the CL. And #4 can be a big ding per FICO. Any card at or near 100% utilized will ding your FICO extra.

The medical bills will remain for 7 yrs from the date of service (e.g. when you visited the doc). If you agree that the debt is legit but don't want to pay on principle then wait the 7 yrs out. The damage will partly fade over time. If you are certain a mistake was made and you don't owe the doc(s), then certainly reread that contract with BC. I know they like to nickle and dime the docs and they in turn nickle and dime you. But definitely read the agreement. If indeed BC are in the wrong, then make your case to them. There is an appeals process.

Message 3 of 4
christinam77
Established Member

Check your PM - I don't know if I can put the info here, but I'm going to pm who we used.

My Scores:
Equ: 575 (11.2011) 631 (09.2012) 646 (12.2012) 652 (01.2013)
Exp: 524 (11.2011) 573 (09.2012) 633 (12.2012) 629 (01.2013)
TU: 520 (11.2011) 601 (09.2012) 636 (12.2012) 641 (01.2013)
My Husband:
Equ: 530 (11.2011) 584 (09.2012) 600(12.2012) 599 (01.2013)
Exp: 529 (11.2011) 590 (09.2012) 621 (12.2012) 616 (01.2013)
TU: 550 (11.2011) 608 (09.2012) 629(12.2012) 626 (01.2013)
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.