cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

any way to check for free if CO deleted?

tag
liesierre
Regular Contributor

Re: any way to check for free if CO deleted?

so annoying. 

i dont have the patience for this, lol.

Starting Score: EQ 633 TU ? EX 623 (lender)
Current Score: EQ 702 TU 720 EX 682
Goal Score: 720

Nordstrom Credit Card $4000CL, Target Credit Card $2000CL, CapitalOne Platinum $1500CL, Comenity Diamond Elite $1700CL, Victorias Secret $650CL
Message 11 of 22
liesierre
Regular Contributor

oh well. i signed up for the credit check total... 

i need to see whats going on with all 3 while I clean this up and I think i would need to be a USAA member to use that... which I'm not, and I dont want another inquiry when they try to "see if i qualify"... no thanks.... so I just went with the CCT (which of course is making me wait for a pin in the mail, grrr)

Nordstrom Credit Card $4000CL, Target Credit Card $2000CL, CapitalOne Platinum $1500CL, Comenity Diamond Elite $1700CL, Victorias Secret $650CL
Message 12 of 22
ktl72455
Valued Contributor

LOL I know the feeling!!!  Hurry up and wait is for the birds!! Smiley LOL

From MI.
12/4/12 TU 589 MyFico ~EQ 579 MyFico ~EX 577(Fako)

Myfico 8 scores
6/12/20 TU 803 ~ EQ 814~ Ex 784
My Wallet: Cap1 3,500K ~FH 2950~Credit One 1750~Credit one #2 1250~Orchard Bank 400 ~NFCU nRewards 18,000~NFCU Cash Rewards 18,500 ~Care Credit 12000~Discover 6000~Lowes 5450~ Amex 5400.00 ~ Harvest King 8000 ~ Langley~Penfed~Service CRU~red stone cru~
UTL 17%
Message 13 of 22
notyours
Contributor

usaa didnt do an inquiry for me to sign up.. but i did have to open checking acct $25 min balance.

i wasnt sure if it was truly required but they told me it was lol

daily pulls on usaa is like $25 a month Smiley Sad

GW success 30 day late removed from 2 store accounts.
waiting on Citibank SL GW response --
Message 14 of 22
liesierre
Regular Contributor

I don't want to pay to pull my TU FICO here until I know that one is removed...and my 2 new revolving accounts start reporting

i mean... it would be kind of a waste of money to do it now just to see the same friggin info that isnt really accurate (because Im waiting for the VS card and waiting for my purchase on friday to report a balance on my old old old store card).... if i pulled it right now it would still give me the song and dance about having "no revolving credit"

Message 15 of 22
Bleety17
Regular Contributor

For EQ I go to file a dispute and it gives me an updated credit report. No score though. Easy way to let me know when a baddie falls off or a GW letter worked.
USAA Mastercard-$2000 USAA Visa-$2000 USAA SC-$600 NFCU-$12500 Walmart-$3500 BestBuy $1000 Navcheck 3000

Message 16 of 22
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@Bleety17 wrote:
For EQ I go to file a dispute and it gives me an updated credit report. No score though. Easy way to let me know when a baddie falls off or a GW letter worked.

+1  Yep, that's what I did.

Message 17 of 22
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@liesierre wrote:

I don't want to pay to pull my TU FICO here until I know that one is removed...and my 2 new revolving accounts start reporting

i mean... it would be kind of a waste of money to do it now just to see the same friggin info that isnt really accurate (because Im waiting for the VS card and waiting for my purchase on friday to report a balance on my old old old store card).... if i pulled it right now it would still give me the song and dance about having "no revolving credit"

Not to throw too much negativity into this, but one collection falling off may not even move your score...

while I was doing my credit repair, I used eliminate ID theft, daily pulls on all three, it was 14.95 a month..

I would just wait a month before paying for any scores.. I know its hard, when I was getting ready for the house I spent so much money on scores here... I learned to relax a little Smiley Wink

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 18 of 22
manzanita
Contributor

@Bleety17 wrote:

Yes this also works on for EX too, if you have a file number from a recent-ish report (90 days I think?).  You don't have to file a dispute, but you can take a peek to see what's happening..  

Be careful though and don't do this too often. I did it a couple of times on TU and they permanently blocked me from viewing my reports online, filing online disputes, etc, and when I called to ask why they cited this specific reason...and I really don't think I did it more than 4 times. They said something about it costing them money to pull the report blah blah blah and clearly it's a way to circumvent the whole paying for your report racket. Also, it adds a soft pull to your file- do a forum search on the phrase Bumpage or B* and you'll see why you should probably only do this sparingly. It seems to be a bad idea in general and can get you banned from TU's online system and a split file on EQ which sounds scary and not something I want to find out about firsthand.   I'm sure B* is the real reason TU gave me the heave-ho, even though I was not trying to do anything besides peek at my report to check for an update. I only learned about the B* nonsense after I started searching to figure out why TU would do what they did. It wouldn't have helped me anyway because I didn't have any inquiries. Now I just use credit karma to monitor for any changes on TU. 

Oh well. Live and learn, and share it  with others! 

Amex PRG - NPSL // Amex Delta Gold- 2000 // Amex SPG - 5400 // Cap 1 Platinum - 1300 // Citi Dividend - 5000 // Discover It - 10,000 // Barclay Arrival - 4000 // WestElm - 7000 // J.Crew - 1100

Gardening as of 8/16/13
Message 19 of 22
liesierre
Regular Contributor

Ok well I tried the dispute trick on Equifax and it worked! Woohoo. Its gone!

I do have recent pulls from Experian also, so I'll try looking it up via that number,

Its not so much the scores I need, but it would be nice to be able to monitor the content that is on each in one place while I'm working on it all.

I dont expect the score to really change much at least until a) after the inquiries from last Feb stop affecting/mixing with the inquiries from *this* feb overlapping cuz I did take a 3 point hit after some inquiries last week and b) when the foreclosure/collection account drops off in May...

After that, at least on Equifax it will only have 1 thing left under that category instead of 3...

Also, I dont expect my new revolving credit to start having a good impact until a month or 2 from now when its actually reporting and being paid....so really I just need to monitor whats happening on all 3 on a regular basis, make sure its moving in the right direction and there are no surprises

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.