cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

anyone else having these issues? any advice?

tag
rose214
New Contributor

anyone else having these issues? any advice?

I've sent PFD letters, emails, faxes to several CA's over the last month and half and having no luck. I resorted to calling them since the other methods weren't working. Every one of them that I have talked to have all refused to PFD, said they will update as PIF but that's it.

I feel like I'm hitting a brick wall!! I know these things take time, but it seems every method I've tried isn't working. I know showing a collection as paid doesn't help my score but wold prob look better on my report if showed paid than unpaid correct???? Now my debate is, I have a couple of them that should drop off next year or a little after. My debate is should I just leave those to drop off or pay them then try GW later? 

I think I'm at the frustrated and tired of dealing with it stage, so any advice would be super helpful!!! thanks

Starting Score 4/3/13 : FICO 612 TU (FAKO)--642 EX (FAKO) - 497 Equifax (FICO) 593
Current Score6/28/13 EX(FAKO) 602, EQuifax (FICO) 615, TU(FICO) 642 EX-(FICO) 657
Goal Score : 700+
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
CreditExpressNJ
Established Contributor

Re: anyone else having these issues? any advice?

im going through the samething ... omg its so annoying why do they care so much about my report long as they receving there money is all i would care about if i were a CA they are still making probably 75% profit then what they paid for it ... but my 2 CAs are University of Phoenix and Senex Services....
CH7 Filed (3/29/17) - 483 EX 516 EQ 517 TU Discharged (5/31/17) - 559 EX 538 EQ 501 TU Current (1/18/22) - 690 EX 683 EQ 671 TU
Current Cards

Message 2 of 13
qd
Regular Contributor

@rose214 wrote:

I've sent PFD letters, emails, faxes to several CA's over the last month and half and having no luck. I resorted to calling them since the other methods weren't working. Every one of them that I have talked to have all refused to PFD, said they will update as PIF but that's it.

I feel like I'm hitting a brick wall!! I know these things take time, but it seems every method I've tried isn't working. I know showing a collection as paid doesn't help my score but wold prob look better on my report if showed paid than unpaid correct???? Now my debate is, I have a couple of them that should drop off next year or a little after. My debate is should I just leave those to drop off or pay them then try GW later? 

I think I'm at the frustrated and tired of dealing with it stage, so any advice would be super helpful!!! thanks

Same here.  I've been sending PFD and GW letters for over a month and no response and no change to my reports.  I keep reading everyone else having successes so I am not giving up, but man it would be nice to get at least one positive response from all the letter writing.  I am not a patient person so that doesn't help.

Message 3 of 13
CreditExpressNJ
Established Contributor

@qd wrote:

@rose214 wrote:

Same here.  I've been sending PFD and GW letters for over a month and no response and no change to my reports.  I keep reading everyone else having successes so I am not giving up, but man it would be nice to get at least one positive response from all the letter writing.  I am not a patient person so that doesn't help.

increase your annoyance i do 1 fax a day and 1 mailed PFD a week lol.... hopefully they will crack eventually i just started lets see how it goes for a month of this ... if it doesnt work ill increase to 2 per week and 2 per day ... every month they are gonna get an increase ....

CH7 Filed (3/29/17) - 483 EX 516 EQ 517 TU Discharged (5/31/17) - 559 EX 538 EQ 501 TU Current (1/18/22) - 690 EX 683 EQ 671 TU
Current Cards

Message 4 of 13
rose214
New Contributor

It is very frustrating, especially when I constantly see others having successes on here. I'm not patient either so that doesn't help much as well LOL I also am trying to get this all cleared up as quickly as possible so that I can hope to bring my score up to buy my first house.

Starting Score 4/3/13 : FICO 612 TU (FAKO)--642 EX (FAKO) - 497 Equifax (FICO) 593
Current Score6/28/13 EX(FAKO) 602, EQuifax (FICO) 615, TU(FICO) 642 EX-(FICO) 657
Goal Score : 700+
Message 5 of 13
dpittsmd1985
New Contributor

I, too, feel your pain. I have been writing First Premier, Chase and Card Service Center (now they sold their TL to Merrick bank) for close to 1 YEAR - asking for GW deletion for 30 day late (1 for each in 2009) when I was out on medical leave.  The killer is....up until then, and since, I had never been late with them, but they have refused to do a goodwill.  I get the same lame letter back from each "we report correctly and to change would not insure the correct reporting process...yadda...yadda...yadda"

At what point should I stop sending them letters?

Starting Score: 5 43 Ex May 2012 EQ May 2012 550
Apr 2013 Score: Apr 2013 TU/ 683 Ex /670 EQ/ 686

Dec 2013 EQ/751 TU/730 EX 762

Goal Score: 740

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 13
lae_lae
Regular Contributor

I was in the same boat with the letters and faxes until I tried email.  I emailed the CEO, Presidents, VPs...I had GW success with a Honda Financial and a student loan.

Message 7 of 13
CreditExpressNJ
Established Contributor

@lae_lae

yea i wanted to take that route but my issue is that i cannot seem to find the Executives emails for the CA's that i need to PFD ... i've tried so hard none work lol... so now im stuck just sending a fax a day to the fax of the whole company...
Current Cards

Message 8 of 13
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Some creditors just will not issue PFDs, but have been known to remove information via a GW.  I always advocate paying/settling the debts, it just prevents the bottom feeders from showing up later.  I would try the PFD route a few times, if it's a "NO GO", then pay/settle and go the GW route.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 9 of 13
kjel
Established Contributor

@rose214 wrote:

I have two collections that I've recently paid in full that categorically refused to do a PFD. I am just trying to GW them now. I am not particularly hopeful but I look at it from the standpoint that it's one more credit issue that is resolved and cannot be pursued. I have one more collection account and one charge-off with Merrick Bank/Carson Smithfield to go.

Current Score: TU: 674 | EQ: 722 | EX: 717 | Last Inq. 2/16/15...Locked Up in The Garden
NFCU Cash Rewards $14K | Chase Sapphire Preferred $5K | Amex Blue Cash Preferred $6K | Cap1 Quicksilver One Visa $9K

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.