cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

anyone ever beat Midland funding in verification?

tag
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: anyone ever beat Midland funding in verification?

@NibblesTreats wrote:

I can understand that!  I have a charge off amount of $290 and they are trying to get $1059 from me!! Um, what?  They based it off of the high balance on the card when I had defaulted - but the amount I actually owed was just $290.  Unreal!

Have you sent them a DV letter?

They can add interest and fees if allowed.  Those can add up quickly.

Message 11 of 23
Shokk
Established Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

They don't have to provide a bill of sale.

The only person that can make them provide other than what is required in the FDCPA would be a judge.

guiness, love ya and all, but this isn't always true.  A judge may be the only one to force them to do so, (and Midland may be hard nosed enough to force the issue) but a complaint witht eh CFPB may work as well.  Worked for me twice so far.  I'm currently working on Midland as well.  Hopefully my luck holds.

I don't know my start scores, but low 500s. 6/2013

2/19/15
EQ FAKO - 638
EX FICO - 665
TU FICO - 697
Message 12 of 23
NibblesTreats
Frequent Contributor

Actually, I am disputing this one because it was an item that I had paid to a creditor a few years back and now Midland has it stating I owe $1059 when the account was settled and already deleted from my credit report 3 years ago.  It's a bit of a mess and once my disputes are finished, I'll go from there.  Based on what I am reading from others, Midland seems like they are going to be horrible to deal with.

Starting Score: TU 607, EX 606, EQ 611
Current Score: TU 675, EX 671, EQ 654 - FAKO scores TU 744, EX 735, EQ 728 - I wish these were my real scores!
Goal Score: 750 across the board. Simulator says 806 if I stay on track for 24 months
Message 13 of 23
buildafico
Frequent Contributor

Verification and validation, i get those mixed up. The second letter I sent was a validation letter. Anyway nibbles, you may want to look in to filing a complaint against the CA or buyer you paid before. The guys with more experience might chime in here but as i understand they can get in to trouble for selling off a debt you PIF.
some textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome text>some text
Message 14 of 23
NibblesTreats
Frequent Contributor

Yes, thank you.  That's what I was thinking.  I'm going to see if they budge with the dispute and if not, I think that will have to be the road I take.  My fiance and I really want to buy a house next year so this one account is the most important to get taken care of. 

Current Score: TU 675, EX 671, EQ 654 - FAKO scores TU 744, EX 735, EQ 728 - I wish these were my real scores!
Goal Score: 750 across the board. Simulator says 806 if I stay on track for 24 months
Message 15 of 23
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@Shokk wrote:

@guiness56 wrote:

They don't have to provide a bill of sale.

The only person that can make them provide other than what is required in the FDCPA would be a judge.

guiness, love ya and all, but this isn't always true.  A judge may be the only one to force them to do so, (and Midland may be hard nosed enough to force the issue) but a complaint witht eh CFPB may work as well.  Worked for me twice so far.  I'm currently working on Midland as well.  Hopefully my luck holds.

Lol.  Yes, the CFPB may be able to.  And yes, I meant force, not just ask them to.

Message 16 of 23
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@NibblesTreats wrote:

Yes, thank you.  That's what I was thinking.  I'm going to see if they budge with the dispute and if not, I think that will have to be the road I take.  My fiance and I really want to buy a house next year so this one account is the most important to get taken care of. 

Do you have proof that the debt was previously paid?  If so, send it to them. 

Additionally, I would not dispute with the CRAs.  Send Midland a direct dispute (in my signature).

Message 17 of 23
NibblesTreats
Frequent Contributor

guiness56, yes I have the proof.  I wasn't sure if I should wait until my current dispute was finished before I send anything to them to see if they simply delete it because it does show I've paid it?  If not, then yes, I'll go ahead and contact them directly.  Thanks!

Message 18 of 23
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Wait for the dispute with the CRAs to run its course.  If nothing comes of it, send the direct dispute to Midland and provide the documentation it was paid to another creditor well before they obtained the account.

When did Midland first report the collection and when was it actually paid to the other creditor?

Message 19 of 23
NibblesTreats
Frequent Contributor

Midland reported it about 9 months ago and it was paid to the other creditor in 2011.  It was a settlement but still "legally" paid in full.

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.