Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

approved for a SDFCU visa 7 months post BK

tag
ShiningDown
Frequent Contributor

approved for a SDFCU visa 7 months post BK

I have a 632 experion score and was approved for the SDFCU visa today at 12% apr. $500. I called to see if they would increase my limit. They were closed so I left a message with a woman who called about signing documents online.

My BK was discharged on March 8th 2016.  I kept my USAA card with 4,000 limit.  I got a Barclay with $500 and credit one with $500 a few months ago. I opened a overstock account as soon as I got my discharge. Just before I went through the BK I opened a SDFCU checking/savings account.

Hope this helps someone. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
ShiningDown
Frequent Contributor

Re: approved for a SDFCU visa 7 months post BK

I called to ask about the limit increase today and she said several accounts opened too soon.

I also opened a fingerhut account last month. She said call back in 6-12 months for a increase. I said I would call  back in 6 months. I am curious what the range of increase would be at 6 months. If anyone has started out with 500.00 credit and got a increase at 6 months please share your experience.  How often does SDFCU give increases? 

Message 2 of 4
jbb27885
New Contributor

How long did it take for them to approve your membership?

Message 3 of 4
ShiningDown
Frequent Contributor

Sorry I don't remember. I signed up a year ago. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.