cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

asking for pay for delete or disputing? will it refresh the date?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

asking for pay for delete or disputing? will it refresh the date?

Will inquiring wth a debt collection agency about a pay for deletion, or if I dispute a debt, such as a medical colletion with a HIPPA letter, if it fails or if they come back that the debt is verified will that refresh the date the debt is current from?  

I have some medical debts that are 6 months or so old, and some debts that i want to dispute, but I am scared that if I dispute them, or even inquiry about a pay for delete, that they can, and/or will have the current date refreshed, (I had a qwest debt that is 2 years old refresh to current as of 9/2011 when they were bought by century link, and I assumed the debt was sold is what caused the refresh, which I thought was complete)

Your thoughts?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: asking for pay for delete or disputing? will it refresh the date?

@Anonymous wrote:

Will inquiring wth a debt collection agency about a pay for deletion, or if I dispute a debt, such as a medical colletion with a HIPPA letter, if it fails or if they come back that the debt is verified will that refresh the date the debt is current from?  

I have some medical debts that are 6 months or so old, and some debts that i want to dispute, but I am scared that if I dispute them, or even inquiry about a pay for delete, that they can, and/or will have the current date refreshed, (I had a qwest debt that is 2 years old refresh to current as of 9/2011 when they were bought by century link, and I assumed the debt was sold is what caused the refresh, which I thought was complete)

Your thoughts?

Sometimes a creditor may edit/update/verify a dormant or old account, which updates the date reported or date updated fields on your CR.    However the date that matters when it comes to credit reporting ( CRTP ) and being sued ( SOL ) is the Date of first deliquency ( DOFD ) which cannot be reset or changed to be more recent.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.