Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

authorized vs additional user?

tag
joedtx
Valued Contributor

Re: authorized vs additional user?

@seruby wrote:

I just got the word from a rep at AmEx, that if you close the secondary ACM account, it won't report on that person's report any longer, and won't impact the primary account.   So it sounds like it's essentially the same as an authorized user, just that they need your SSN for the ACM account.

That's interesting i am setup as an ACM but have really been confused about this process. Let me provide my experience first let me state it reports on all three bureaus as 'authorized account' I have my seperate login along with reporting activity and payment posting ability it's as if I have nothing to do with the master account. I have read conflicting information from different threads regarding of establishing your own AMEX account and honestly I still am confused. Here's the two responses i've read one member had stated that he/she had a link that was an express application that is kinda like preferred status(i've not found this link yet), whereas another thread I read stated it didn't matter if you are an AU/ ACM you are still an outsider, one last thing I never did give my SSN and its on my reports Smiley Wink. Hopefully someone much more experienced with AMEX can chime in...... Good Luck! Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.