Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

auto inquiries

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

auto inquiries

So I got my experian report and saw it had 32 inquiries? Yikes! I thought that if you were auto shopping and the inquiries were in 2 weeks of each other then it will count as one if specified auto loan. Does that mean that the inquiries can be removed.

I am asking because i spoke to an Experian rep and was advised that the abve statement is true but they won't remove the inquiries. Some car inquiries from the same dealer show up 2 to 3 times! 32 inquiries in no way shape looks good to creditor

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: auto inquiries

FICO has a process they call "de-duping," which involves counting multiple inquiries for auto or mortgage related credit, as only a single inquiry if made within a sliding window that vaires by FICO version number.

All inquiries are still shown in your credit report.

Message 2 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

So I got my experian report and saw it had 32 inquiries? Yikes! I thought that if you were auto shopping and the inquiries were in 2 weeks of each other then it will count as one if specified auto loan. Does that mean that the inquiries can be removed.

I am asking because i spoke to an Experian rep and was advised that the abve statement is true but they won't remove the inquiries. Some car inquiries from the same dealer show up 2 to 3 times! 32 inquiries in no way shape looks good to creditor

Thats true all auto related in 2 weeks counts as 1 for Fico but the actual number of them will remain.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well Good Lord I wish i would have known that before I went app spree crazy.

Message 4 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Well Good Lord I wish i would have known that before I went app spree crazy.

If you are denied for inquiries you can recon and info the analyst which ones are auto related, the computer just sees them all and auto denies sometimes.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.