Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

automatic payments reported as late...help

tag
elkhunter
Established Member

automatic payments reported as late...help

I need some advice to possibly salvage my credit.  I am a subcontractor and was hired by a contractor to do a job, only for the contractor to file BK.  Not only did I not receive payment for a month's work, I was also left with $12,000 in material bills and payroll costs for this job which I am trying to repay.  I was late on a Home Depot credit card and a US Bank creditline in July and August of 2010.  In September I contacted Home Depot and set up reduced automatic payments for 6 months and they would waive the late fees.  At the same time I contacted US Bank and was told if I agreed to make 3 consecutive payments, on time, they would add the past due amount back into my balance and bring my account up to date and also waive the fees.  I went to the bank to get an ATM card for my teenage daughter to access her savings account and was denied because of my credit score. I couldn't believe it so I came home and immediately went online to get a copy of my credit report. To my horror, The Home Depot and US Bank reported on 30-days late on my accounts, EVERY MONTH, since September of 2010.  It dropped my credit score from almost 700 to 539. I did not even realize I had a past due amount of $90 on my home depot account and assumed when I made the payment arrangement they would deduct enough from my checking account to cover what was due. I immediately went online and paid the past due amount, but when I contacted them to have the late payment reports removed from my credit, they said no.  Also, at the end of the 3 months of payments to US Bank they told me I actually had to make 4 payments in a row, which I did, and they still have a past due balance showing on my account and are telling me they can't help me at all.  Any and all advice is welcome.   

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: automatic payments reported as late...help

I would suggest if you havent already, is to talk with a supervisor at Home Depot and US Bank to get this problem fixed.

As for the ATM card...

I dont understand what your CS has to do with getting a atm card to access a current bank account.

Maybe others will chime in.  Oh BTW, Welcome to the forumsSmiley Wink

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.