cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bad checks - for starters

tag
roadrage41

bad checks - for starters

My ex-wife wrote 7 bad checks in 2005 with checks from a wells fargo checking account that was closed in 2002. Ive been through the fraud process with Wells Fargo. There is a police report on file. the checks are signed with my name, but in a hand writing that is plainly not mine and very feminine. i made sure to point out that i never write in cursive, for anything, providing dated samples from my employer and all of the checks are written in cursive. 2 collection agencies were involved, 1 verified that my signature was nowhere near correct as seen on checks and just deleted it from their system. the other 6 are owned by one company, who refuses to do anything with them, even though ive contacted them, given them copies of the police report, copies of my signature, verification from wells fargo's fraud department that it was indeed considered check fraud, literally everything they asked me to provide them with. the police report was basically junk because the only way they could do anything about it was if she openly admitted. she told them that she had the checks in her purse and that anyone couldve wrote them. WHO CARRIES AROUND 3 YEAR OLD BAD CHECKS? grr. can i get rid of these things without paying them? they total over 700 dollars and apparently everyone but the CA understands it was fraudulent.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
mauve
Valued Contributor

Re: bad checks - for starters

This sounds like something you can dispute with the CRAs as "not mine", with the police report and all.  I haven't done this myself, though.  I think you might be able to write the CAs a FOAD letter, too.  You're going to want to be careful about how you write your letters to the CRAs & you probably will only need to include a copy of your police report, and perhaps some identification information.

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 3
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Re: bad checks - for starters

You should consider filing complaints with BBB and FTC. Good Luck!

Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.