cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bad news does not get better with time....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

bad news does not get better with time....

Hello all,

I am brand new to the forums, today. I am overwhelmed by the level of information and detail that I have seen on the threads here. I will start from the beginning, and I will be able to hopefully make a significant impact on my credit score. Please add your 2 cents...

I started out with nothing, as we all did.

Over the years I have made bad decisions, being young and inexperienced with credit. I had two CO accts, that are over 7 or 8 years old. Some small collections to a medical group that I was unaware of until I reviewed my reports  a while ago. My medical insurance has no co-pays, we (my family) were treated, the insurance paid and I received a bill from several physician's groups, took them to the insurance liasion, who in turn nodded, smiled, and that is about it. They have remained in a "we are working on it" status.

I have not checked my credit scores in probably two years now... that is changing today. I have been busy with other things, but this is my highest priority now, and until I have done all I can do. Long story short, I am in the military, and well, stationed overseas with all that is going on there, in Iraq.

I want to get these things taken care of, and I have paid my debts down to a point that I have some disposable income, and want to "strategically" apply it where it will do the most good, first.

Anyone with a tried and true game plan out there in cyberspace please help me to come up with one for my credit situation. I am devoted to getting this taken care of now, before I am postponed for another year while I am deployed again.

Do I pay the Physician groups, (PFD) ? or wait and see? It has been several years, since the initial billing, in 2002.

Thanks for all of the help I am sure to receive, i don't think I could get much worse, I checked on purchasing a certain American Made V-twin motorcycle, and happened to see where my score currently is, hovering around 575-580...

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: bad news does not get better with time....

Step 1-- Pull your free annual reports (see link below). Don't purchase the add-ons or scores they offer. They are fake scores, that we call FAKOs.

Step 2-- Check all your negative items out and look for a DOFD(on EQ reports) or a removal date(on TU and EX).

Step 3-- Check your state's SOL(use your home state of record)

Step 4-- Read the various links in my signature-- very helpful information.

Step 5-- For medical debts, make a new post over on the "Recovering from Medical Debts" board. Before you do, read the stickies over there at the top of the board and one of them tells you the exact information to post in order to get the best help.

Step 6-- For non-medical debts, post here about the debt. Post who is reporting it(the OC or a CA), the DOFD, your SOL, if paid, and if you can PIF.

Step 7-- Prepare for a long road, but know it can be done.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.