Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

barclay denied....huge diff in there TU and my FICO TU score

tag
DAVE49ERS
Valued Member

Re: barclay denied....huge diff in there TU and my FICO TU score

Yeah the TU score is very misleading whole reason I went for the Barclay cc...oh well did get approved for credit one card on the same day. Will just stop using myfico TU score and couldn't agree more with you bigblue

Ex: 12/14/13 634 EQ: 1/26/14 639 TU: 3/1/2014 682 walmart TU 650 all FICO scores
Message 11 of 20
myjourney
Super Contributor

@lavencedora wrote:

I think it's bull that we have to pay to know where we stand in our own financial lives, in the first place. To have several different bureaus and have to worry about how they all work, more bull still. Now, come to find out, the score I'm PAYING for is not accurate or up-to-date? Wow. What a freakin' racket.

Different scores for different reasons = that old saying different stokes for different folks

Yes the TU scores here are older and are mostly used in mortgage loans  TU98 as well as the EX and EQ found here

The newer version TU08 is mostly used for CC's which is being offered to customers via Barclay, Discover and Walmart for free 

So guess which one Barclay pulled..... 

I mean no harm but I recommend before you apply for any card know what CB and scoring type system (model)  they're pulling from just to be safe and decrease your chances of a denial.

Now the part you really won't want to hear there's 49 different scoring models out there and it just depends what the lender wants to use.(pay for)

Some lenders such as Chase and Amex pull your scores and then apply their own internal scoring system to that process to determine approval or denial 

The best way to optimize your chances of approval with each and every one is to make sure your CR's are in perfect shape because score are not the only factor when you hit submit 

Other factors AAoA, INQ's in the last 12 months, Baddies, Loans, UTL just to name a few 

Barclay can be recon'd but be aware it may cost you another HP 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 12 of 20
CreditHealthy
Established Contributor

So, the TU score on Myfico are actually FAKO's, is this what everyone is saying?

What's in my sock drawer? NFCU LOC 15,000] NFCU Cash Rewards 20,000][ Golden 1Platinum Rewards Card 6,600 Discover It 5,000,] {NFCU goRewards 17,500} Barclaycard 1250.00,]Cap one 750.00 ], Watering my garden for the next five years:-)
EQUIFAX 727 EXPERIAN 732 TRANSUNION 743 FICO} STARTING SCORE....554 July 2013
Message 13 of 20
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

Its not a fako it's a true fico but fico 98 which almost no lender uses anymore. Tu 04 and 08 are more widely used now. Myfico does a great job marketing that the give you the score over 90% of the lenders use when that is so far from the truth.
AMEX PRG NPSL,Lowes $17000,Capital One venture card $12,000,Us Airways mastercard $9500,Fidelity Amex $9000, Discover it $8000, Capital One Venture One $7500, BOA 123 rewards $7500 CSP $6000, Capital One Quicksliver $5500, Amazon Store card$5000,Barclay
Card Ring $5000 Chase Marriott $5000,Chase Hyatt $5000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $4400, Paypal smart connect $4000,Chase Freedom $3200, Capital one Quicksliver visa $3000, Chase IHG Rewards $2300, Chase Southwest Premier $2000, Citi Double Cash $1500, AMEX BCE $1000

Last app July 22nd 2015- No apps for two years.
Message 14 of 20
DAVE49ERS
Valued Member

yes I feel myfico need to be more upfront about the TU score...does anybody no why the won't give you TU4 or the 08?if it because most lender use the 98 as said in the early post then keep it coming. When apply for a mortage can you ask the bank what model the use?

Ex: 12/14/13 634 EQ: 1/26/14 639 TU: 3/1/2014 682 walmart TU 650 all FICO scores
Message 15 of 20
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

@DAVE49ERS wrote:

yes I feel myfico need to be more upfront about the TU score...does anybody no why the won't give you TU4 or the 08?if it because most lender use the 98 as said in the early post then keep it coming. When apply for a mortage can you ask the bank what model the use?

You can get the tu 08 from walmart, discover, and barclaycard. I would say with a mortgage it varies what lenders pull but mostly 04

AMEX PRG NPSL,Lowes $17000,Capital One venture card $12,000,Us Airways mastercard $9500,Fidelity Amex $9000, Discover it $8000, Capital One Venture One $7500, BOA 123 rewards $7500 CSP $6000, Capital One Quicksliver $5500, Amazon Store card$5000,Barclay
Card Ring $5000 Chase Marriott $5000,Chase Hyatt $5000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $4400, Paypal smart connect $4000,Chase Freedom $3200, Capital one Quicksliver visa $3000, Chase IHG Rewards $2300, Chase Southwest Premier $2000, Citi Double Cash $1500, AMEX BCE $1000

Last app July 22nd 2015- No apps for two years.
Message 16 of 20
Yogieatsbooboo
Established Member

I don't think the TU scores offered here are useless.

Myfico score I purchased matched the ones I was sent by NFCU when I applied for their credit cards. It also matched a few scores I received after car shopping back in March.
Message 17 of 20
nma851
Regular Contributor

@DAVE49ERS wrote:

....it said TU score is 608 pulled on the 12/26/13 I updated my TU score on myfico and it 660

I don't mean to "throw" this into the mix with bad intentions however I've noticed that TU is ALWAYS my lowest score.  When TU was the first to have all the old baddies purged, one would think TU would have been the highest & they were far from.  Just as everyone else says, there's so many different models and algorithms I permamently have given up trying to figure it all out without some "manual" of the scoring Smiley Happy Smiley Happy .  It's been about a 50 point difference at times but has NEVER been higher than the other two.  If I "average" all of my TU scores, they're consistently in the low-mid 700's while the other two will be in the upper 700's.  But again, it's all about juggling the numbers.  I took 2 hits to open 2 new accounts & once they tack on, let's see what happens other than already knowing I'll be in the garden a while!!!  Then again, that's just fine since these were to take advantage of 0% deals for a year (for one purchase) & rewards (the C1 quicksilver rewards).  

As far as I'm concerned, it's fine to go ahead & drop for a while then go back up down the road; I got them for what I needed now & won't be needing another account nor CLI unless the lenders do it on their own free will.  However, I guarantee that my TU will be significantly lower & stay that way even as they rise back up.  At least SOMETHING is consistent in my life LOLOL!!!

You'll get there - all over this board there are people in the same boats and our true friend is time...  Keep your head up & the good work up!!

BCE: 22.5K; BC-REW: 15K; QSSIG: 15K; CITI: 6K; FREE: 15.5K; DISC-IT: 17K; FCU: 20K; FCU-HELOC: 7.3/45K; AMZ-MC: 6.5K; KAY: 7.4K, LOWES VISA: 22K. FICOS: EX: 829; TU: 812, EQ: 822- 21 OCT 15. (NEVER TO FORGET PRE-MF: 635, 629, & 630 in Oct 2012)
Message 18 of 20
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@lavencedora wrote:

I think it's bull that we have to pay to know where we stand in our own financial lives, in the first place. To have several different bureaus and have to worry about how they all work, more bull still. Now, come to find out, the score I'm PAYING for is not accurate or up-to-date? Wow. What a freakin' racket.

Different scores for different reasons = that old saying different stokes for different folks

Yes the TU scores here are older and are mostly used in mortgage loans  TU98 as well as the EX and EQ found here

The newer version TU08 is mostly used for CC's which is being offered to customers via Barclay, Discover and Walmart for free 

I mean no harm but I recommend before you apply for any card know what CB and scoring type system (model)  they're pulling from just to be safe and decrease your chances of a denial.

Now the part you really won't want to hear there's 49 different scoring models out there and it just depends what the lender wants to use.(pay for)

Some lenders such as Chase and Amex pull your scores and then apply their own internal scoring system to that process to determine approval or denial 

The best way to optimize your chances of approval with each and every one is to make sure your CR's are in perfect shape because score are not the only factor when you hit submit 

Other factors AAoA, INQ's in the last 12 months, Baddies, Loans, UTL just to name a few 

Not sure if I am reading that correctly.  The TU score from myFICO is NOT used in mortgage loans, only the EQ score from here is the same a mortgage lender will pull.

Message 19 of 20
myjourney
Super Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@lavencedora wrote:

Not sure if I am reading that correctly.  The TU score from myFICO is NOT used in mortgage loans, only the EQ score from here is the same a mortgage lender will pull.

Ooops correct guiness meant EQ 

Thank you 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.