Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

battle with hunters Warfield

tag
rohan0784
Valued Member

battle with hunters Warfield

I was looking for a little advice on the situation I'm having with these guys regarding an old apartment bill. I originally sent our a debt validation to fund out what this account was about and once I received a print out of bills I went to work. I contacted the old complex that I lived at during that time and requested a copy of my lease, final statement showing paid in full when I moved and contact info for the apartment manager I spoke with. I then submitted all documentation to all three bureaus asking for deletion accounts still came back verified. My next step was to file a complaint with cfpb against hunters Warfield. Hunters Warfield responded stating they needed 60 days to review the information and during that time collection efforts would cease and be suspended. My question is what is my next step? Do I wait the 60 days or try and get it removed now?

Starting Score: 03/2018 EQ 472 TU 467 EX 470
Current Score: 06/2019 EQ 703 TU 736 EX 731
Goal Score: 750 all around

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: battle with hunters Warfield

You wait for their response to the CFPB and the CFPBs answer to you.

Message 2 of 9
rohan0784
Valued Member

Ok I was just wondering since 60 days seemed longer than the usual 30 days as well as them saying they would cease collection activity but I guess that has to be done anytime the account is challenged?

Message 3 of 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@rohan0784 wrote:
Ok I was just wondering since 60 days seemed longer than the usual 30 days as well as them saying they would cease collection activity but I guess that has to be done anytime the account is challenged?

actually no they dont have to cease collection efforts unless you are requesting debt validation within the first 30 days of receiving a dunning notice, this is a courtesy to you and a goodwill jesture for the benefit of the CFPB.. They CFPB will give a creditor more time to check their records they just wont give them outrageous amounts of time.

Message 4 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The CFPB is not an appeal board to hear and resolve differences in opinion over contested debts.

They have authority over complaints that asert a party has failed to comply with a provision of the FCRA or the FDCPA.

What was the provision of the FCRA or FDCPA that they were asserted to have violated?

Message 5 of 9
rohan0784
Valued Member

@RobertEG wrote:

The CFPB is not an appeal board to hear and resolve differences in opinion over contested debts.

They have authority over complaints that asert a party has failed to comply with a provision of the FCRA or the FDCPA.

What was the provision of the FCRA or FDCPA that they were asserted to have violated?

Robert I may be wrong and feel free to correct me if I am but my way of thinking was that I provided them with a reasonable reason to believe account was inaccurate by providing a copy of my lease and the final move out statement showing I paid all charges in full. I don't see how they can validate this. I also included the oc in my complaint. So I guess the bottom line is I think that they are reporting information they know to be invalid and therefore are violating my rights per fcra

Message 6 of 9
rohan0784
Valued Member

@gdale6 wrote:

@rohan0784 wrote:

actually no they dont have to cease collection efforts unless you are requesting debt validation within the first 30 days of receiving a dunning notice, this is a courtesy to you and a goodwill jesture for the benefit of the CFPB.. They CFPB will give a creditor more time to check their records they just wont give them outrageous amounts of time.

Thx for the information 

Message 7 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Not knowing the specirfic charges that are asserted as being owed, I cannot determine whether their asertions are correct.

Is it evident that the asserted debt is clearly improper, or is it a matter of opinion?

Assertion of willful violation of the FCRA would require their authority to rule that you are correct as a matter of fact, not interpretation.

Interpretation of evidency and of contested issues of fact are the purview of the courts.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just an FYI -

I had sent a certified letter with return receipt to Hunter Warfield at their address on Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd in Tampa and it appears they are no longer there. They also did not leave a new address as the online tracking info left a message "Moved. Left no Address". I then saw that the mail was routed to Fort Myers, FL.

I called the corporate office to ask if they had an office in Fort Myers, FL and the gentlemen on the phone said "no". I asked if I should be sending my DV letters to the main HQ (4620 Woodland Corporate Blvd. Tampa, FL 33614) to which he replied "I'm not sure, I need to look up your account". I hungup on him immediately as I never discuss my accounts with people over the phone.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.