Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

battleing judgements....AAAAHHHHH

tag
tblank65
New Contributor

battleing judgements....AAAAHHHHH

recently in feb i discovered 2 judgements against me on accounts in a divorce that i didnt know about. they were served on the exwife at her address after the seperation ....first was satisfied is 05 by her  . the second was also on accounts that i knew nothing about and am waiting for my day in court to set aside both. my question is to have the judgement setaside i had to pay off the second....not knowing that i would take a 22 point hit for an updated activity...it says its a short term hit , my question is what is considered short term
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Cinnnamon
New Contributor

Re: battleing judgements....AAAAHHHHH

You should write the OC in regards to the accounts that they were not yours and check to see if you state is a community property state ( like my hometown California). Emphasize that you didn't know these accounts were opened and you shouldn't be held responsible. Short could mean that upon payment, you score may change to reflect the update payment of the account and you score could increase as it reflect the account is clear off your report. Also you can wait for court and let them know that these accounts shouldn't be your responsibilty since you were not aware of these unauthorized accounts opened and that they should be your ex-wife responsibility to be them back. Good luck.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

So it sounds like you are working to vacate your two judgments.

One has been satisfied by your ex-wife  Looks like you already paid the amount due on the second one in order to have the judgment set aside.  Can you clarify what that means?  Usually when you pay off a judgment, the plaintiff filed a "satisfaction" which updates the judgment as "paid".  A satisfaction does not remove the judgment from your credit reports.  In my experience, short term hits to the score last for 6-12 months, but I'm not sure there's really a rule.

Do you think that there was fraud here?  You say that you did not know anything about these accounts--how did your ex-wife put your name on these two accounts?  Have you looked at the state resources for how to proceed on a motion to vacate?

Good luck!

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

tblank65 wrote:
recently in feb i discovered 2 judgements against me on accounts in a divorce that i didnt know about. they were served on the exwife at her address after the seperation ....first was satisfied is 05 by her  . the second was also on accounts that i knew nothing about and am waiting for my day in court to set aside both. my question is to have the judgement setaside i had to pay off the second....not knowing that i would take a 22 point hit for an updated activity...it says its a short term hit , my question is what is considered short term

To answer your question here......who/what said it was a "short term hit"?

Where did you get your scores that showed the 22 point drop?

Message 4 of 5
tblank65
New Contributor

got all the info here at MYFICO. explanation on alert was new activity on a public record (satisfied) reduction in points 22 explained also most are for the short term

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.