Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bluefoxing's rebuild thread

tag
bluefoxing
New Contributor

bluefoxing's rebuild thread

Jumping on the bandwagon here and starting a rebuild thread to help track and motivate myself.

Started : 3/7/2014

Reason : Its time.

Scores as of 3/7/2014

• Experian          578 
  • Equifax             542
  • TransUnion     577

Goals:

• Goal 1 - All scores at 600
  • Goal 2 - All scores at 650
  • Goal 3 - All scores at 700
  • Goal 4 - Unsecured credit cart approval
  • Goal 5 - Refinance car loan (currently 16.35%)
  • Goal 6 - New house lease or purchase
  • Goal 7 - $5,000 in Savings

Here goes nothing!

Starting Score: EX 578 | EQ 542 | TU 577 as of 3/7/2014
US Bank $300, First Progress $1000, First Progress #1 $300, Capital One $300, Credit One $400
Message 1 of 62
61 REPLIES 61
bluefoxing
New Contributor

Re: bluefoxing's rebuild thread

Applied for a BofA secured credit card today with a $300 limit - was denied.

Waiting on First Premier to approve or deny my application for secured card with them.

US Bank $300, First Progress $1000, First Progress #1 $300, Capital One $300, Credit One $400
Message 2 of 62
queen_britt2003
Contributor

Hi Bluefoxing,

If you go over to the Credit Card boards there is a list of backdoor numbers.  Backdoor numbers allow you to speak to a live person with authority to approve/deny you.  I'd suggest finding the BOA number & giving them a call.  Could be denial through an automated system but approval with a human.

Starting Scores (2012) - 545-600
Current Scores - FAKO CK (08.15.17) - TU 774, EQ 767
What's in My Wallet: CSP 10.9K CL, Walmart MasterCard 10,000, Discover IT Card CL 9000, BOA Cash Rewards 7500 CL, Tires Plus Card 2200, Discover Card (AU) CL 4000
(Gardening as of 8/15/17)

Message 3 of 62
bluefoxing
New Contributor

I was able to find a backdoor number through the forums .... 1-866-811-4108.

I did speak to a live representative. They said that I was rejected due to current credit utilization. ( I have no credit cards... so I don't understand this denial reason. I do have 2 open accounts with Sam's Furniture but those don't show as a account with a credit limit, just a balance and that current balance ). She could not approve me but offered to send me to the application hotline to reapply. I declined as I didn't want my credit pulled again if it was just going to be denied.

Looks like a no-go for BofA .

Message 4 of 62
couponcrazy

Hello,

You can try a secured credit card with Cap one. I started out with secured credit cards because my numbers were actually lower than yours and now I'm in the 600's accross the board!!!!

Good luck on your rebuilding process.

Message 5 of 62
madmann26
Valued Contributor

bluefoxing,

I would stay away from First Premier.

Find yourself a CU and get a secured card there if BOA or another large bank won't do one. A secured card is 1000000000x better then First Premier.

Trust me and anyone else who agree's with me.

Do you have any old charge-off's?

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 6 of 62
bluefoxing
New Contributor

@couponcrazy wrote:

Hello,

You can try a secured credit card with Cap one. I started out with secured credit cards because my numbers were actually lower than yours and now I'm in the 600's accross the board!!!!

Good luck on your rebuilding process.

Sadly I'm in that 'burned them once' boat with Cap One. I don't think they'd give me another card.

Madman - I have one charge-off credit card from 2005. The balance shows $0. Its 9 years old.

Message 7 of 62
meehan22
Frequent Contributor

Ive heard people were able to get secured cards with cap1 even after burning them. 

I was able to get approved for a US Bank secured with a high 500 credit score. 

Otherwise hit up your local CU and get a secured card. Stay away from First Premier at all costs. 
Your better off good willing all your baddies and clearing things up first and reapply for good secured cards. 

Wallet: Chase $6,000 - Discover $1,500 - Walmart $2,200 - Voyage FCU $1,300 - Zales $2,300 - Elan Fin: $12,500(AU, reporting) - Chase $8,500 (AU, reporting) 1% UTL
Message 8 of 62
bluefoxing
New Contributor

Called to get appropriate fax numbers for 2 collection agencies today. They wanted my social and all to verify the debt. I refused and politely requested a fax number as I preferred to only to work through written communicate. Either faxed or mailed. They agreed to a fax and provided numbers.

So today I faxed PFD letters today for both accounts that were related to old apartment move-out bills from 6 years ago that were keeping us from looking for townhomes to rent. (Auto-reject if you "owe a past landlord debt" - some will work around, for a ridiculous deposit).

• ProCollect Inc
    Fax # 214-349-0078
    Offered 25% of debt
    Original Balance : $874
    Offered Settlement: $219

• RS Clark & Associates
    Fax # 214-204-9113
    Offered 25% of debt
    Original Balance: $233
    Offered Settlement : $58

Fingers crossed! Since these 2 accounts are 6+ years old, I'm hoping they'll be more willing to settle.

Attached is the letter I used. I leveraged from one I found here on the forum and tweaked it a bit (removed my info for privacy).

[quote]

COLLECTION AGENCY
1234 ADDRESS
CITY, STATE ZIPCODE

Re: Collection Account #: XXXXXXXXX

Amount: XXXXX

To Whom It May Concern:

This letter is to inform you that the validity of this debt is disputed. I am not sure of the full account number, as I have never heard from you regarding this account. The account number I have is the one listed on my credit report – which omits the last few digits.

In the spirit of compromise, I am willing to pay $58.00 to consider this account paid in full and closed, if you agree to immediate deletion of this account from any and all credit reporting agencies (Equifax, Experian and TransUnion). The purpose of this settlement is merely to have this item removed from my credit files. It is not to be construed as an acknowledgment of liability for this debt in any form.

If you agree to the terms and accept this agreement, certified funds for the settlement amount of fifty-eight dollars ($58.00) will be sent within 10 business days of receipt of settlement agreement, in exchange for full deletion of ALL references regarding this account from my credit files and full satisfaction of the debt. As certified funds will be used for payment, there shall be no waiting period regarding the deletion of this account from the credit reporting agencies.

By accepting this settlement, you agree to delete ALL information regarding this account from the credit reporting agencies WITHIN TEN CALENDAR (10) DAYS following receipt of payment as specified above and will not discuss the terms of this settlement with anyone, excluding your client on this account. If contacted by any third party, including credit-reporting agencies, you will not acknowledge that any settlement offer was made, accepted or executed and will, in fact, deny knowledge of any such account.

If you agree to the above terms, please prepare a letter on your company letterhead explicitly agreeing to the same terms as the above settlement offer and have it signed by an authorized representative. It will be implied that this letter shall constitute a legally binding contract, enforceable under the laws of my state.

Your response must be postmarked no later than 15 days from your receipt of this settlement offer or this offer will be withdrawn and I will request full validation of this alleged debt, as provided for by the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, to which if not provided, demands the immediate removal of the false information from all credit reporting agencies.

You are hereby notified that I will only communicate via written format. Please send all correspondence to:

XXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXX

Your prompt attention in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
XXXXXXXXX

[/QUOTE]

Message 9 of 62
bluefoxing
New Contributor

Applied to US Bank and Cap One for $300 secured cards (their minimum)... both denied. Also tried backdoor numbers. No approval.

Rebuilding your credit is very frustrating... Smiley Sad

Message 10 of 62
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.